Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank 1099-C Still Reporting Validate Account

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Synchrony Bank 1099-C Still Reporting Validate Account

So I have been going through this crap with Synchrony Bank. Two 4+ year old accounts that have been charged off they issued a 1099-C for both back in March.

Synchrony sent me a letter that basically says the two accounts would be removed from my credit reports in 60 days. That time ran out and nothing happened.

Synchrony told me to dispute the two accounts with the CRAs, which should get them removed. All 3 CRAs verified.

Talked to my original contact and an additional contact and both said the accounts do not exist on their end and there is no way the CRAs could have verified.

Synchrony is sending me a letter via fedex that says they dropped all information on both accounts when they issued the 1099-Cs.

So how did the CRAs come up with the result below from the dispute all three just finished this week?

We have researched the credit account. Account # − 6045******** The results are: We verified that this
item belongs to you. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Bank 1099-C Still Reporting Validate Account

@AutoBot wrote:

So I have been going through this crap with Synchrony Bank. Two 4+ year old accounts that have been charged off they issued a 1099-C for both back in March.

Synchrony sent me a letter that basically says the two accounts would be removed from my credit reports in 60 days. That time ran out and nothing happened.

Synchrony told me to dispute the two accounts with the CRAs, which should get them removed. All 3 CRAs verified.

Talked to my original contact and an additional contact and both said the accounts do not exist on their end and there is no way the CRAs could have verified.

Synchrony is sending me a letter via fedex that says they dropped all information on both accounts when they issued the 1099-Cs.

So how did the CRAs come up with the result below from the dispute all three just finished this week?

We have researched the credit account. Account # − 6045******** The results are: We verified that this
item belongs to you. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item.

I believe Synch is in error here, CSP may not see them but the people in the back office that verify do. File a CFPB complaint using the letter to get them removed.

Message 2 of 4
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Once I get the letter from SYNCB, what type of complaint is most relevant in this scenario, first or second?

Incorrect information on my credit report
Credit Reporting company's investigation
Improper use of my credit report
Unable to get my credit report or credit score
Credit monitoring or identity protection services
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Bank reporting incorrect information to the CRAs

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.