Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank CO

I have a JC Penny Charge off that I've been trying to remove from my CR. They sold it to Portfolio Recovery but I had it removed from my CR without paying a dime for incorrect reporting. I have tried on multiple occasions sending the corporate secretary GW letters put they don't budge. Has anyone had success getting a charge off removed from JC Penny? And if you have did you go through someone other then the corporate secretary email and can you pm me a template of what you sent. My charge off was only $525 and it's due to fall off in 2017. Any help would be awesome. Thank you Myfico family!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank CO

If the OC sold the debt, they can no longer receive any further payments on the debt.

While they recouped a portion of the debt via taking the accounting charge-off and thus a tax benefit, and a bit more by sale of the debt, they still have a net loss on the debt with no further recovery.  That does not bode well for grant of good will on their part.

Are you sure that they sold the debt?  If they still owned it, you could still offer payment.

If it is sold, you are not likely to receive much good will.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank CO

They sold the debt to Portfolio Recovery, but they removed off my credit report for incorrect reporting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.