Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank GW Leads to Walmart Account Closure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank GW Leads to Walmart Account Closure

Last week I sent a GW letter to Synchrony Bank asking for an early exclusion of an old account I had with them that was charged off and mentioned that I currently have a Walmart card that is in good standing (to show that I am being responsible with their credit now). Logged into my Walmart account yesterday to check my credit score, everything was fine. Logged in again today and my account was closed. Be careful when sending GW letters to them I guess. Anyone have this happen before or know what I should do next?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Bank GW Leads to Walmart Account Closure

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week I sent a GW letter to Synchrony Bank asking for an early exclusion of an old account I had with them that was charged off and mentioned that I currently have a Walmart card that is in good standing (to show that I am being responsible with their credit now). Logged into my Walmart account yesterday to check my credit score, everything was fine. Logged in again today and my account was closed. Be careful when sending GW letters to them I guess. Anyone have this happen before or know what I should do next?

I would give them a call and see why they closed the account and try to get it re opened if possible.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank GW Leads to Walmart Account Closure

@Anonymous wrote:

I worked in the charge off and pre-legal department at Discover Card.  A lot of my time was consumed with pulling up credit reports and looking at all available data I had before me to make various decisions regarding delinquent accounts.  I can't speak for all credit card companies, but I do know their policy was that if a delinquent cardmember with a charged off or revoked account had another account with Discover Card that was open and in good standing -- it was to be revoked.  I can't even tell you how many times I had to go in and revoke/close accounts on a daily basis. Sometimes I'd be talking with a cardmember and they'd try negotiating APR or late fees, etc. on a closed/attorney placement pending account and ask me to look at another account that was in good standing and match the terms on that account.  Not only did I look at it, but I had to revoke it too!  Sometimes poking the sleeping bear can result in bad things Smiley Frustrated  Sorry this happened to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.