Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Nightmare, need help..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank Nightmare, need help..

I have 4 accounts with them and plan on doing one at a time.

Amazon was with a C/A, I sent the C/A a DV letter, they quit collecting but sent the debt back to SYNC.

So I called Sync and wanted to do a settlement, they said I put them on some sort of Cease and Desist form, which I did not do.

So they said I needed to fax (not mail) something with my name, act#, and the last 4 of my SSN# to remove my name from the list, before they can help me.

The agent gave  me a whole laundry list of fax numbers and said "sometimes you have to try all of them to work".

ALL YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

So I asked them if I sent them money would they still send it to a C/A and they said we may still send it to a C/A if the check is in the mail.

SO I asked them..."even if I sent you a check for the full balance, there is no way to have you guys stop trying to send it to a new C/A?"

"That is correct".

This is a nightmare!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Nightmare, need help..

Cease communication letters are only provided for under FDCPA 805(c), and apply only to debt collectors.

There is no provision for a consumer to instruct an original creditor to cease communication with them.

Their agent is giving you bad info.

I would call their executive office and inform them that their underlilings are refusing to deal with you, and have informed you that they are under some form of cease communication requirment that you have never sent or requested, and for which there is no statutory provision.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have their EO info?

All I get are reps on the other side of the planet who barely speak English and read from a flowchart. Even the supervisors are the same way.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.