Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank/Toys R Us Negative information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank/Toys R Us Negative information

Hi All, I'm new here and after reading many posts I thank you all for your guidance and insights.  I have a question which I hope someone can help me with.

I'm applying for a mortgage, during the initial stages my scores were elevated due to the fact that I was disputing items on my CR, however once my file was sent to underwriting I was told that I had to clear all the disputes, once I did my score plummeted to a median of 600.  I need to get a median score of at least a 640 to be approved for a mortgage.

In the interim, the mortgage company told me to do the bet I can within the next 2 weeks to clean up my report.

So  far I was able to do the following: pay down my total credit usage to under 20% of my total credit, deleted a recent 30 day late payment from Nordstrom, deleted a recent charge off tradeline from MAcy's which included 2 30 day, 1 60 day and 3 90 days.(10/14,4/15,6/15, 8/15)

The only really bad negative that I have is a charge off from Synchrony Bank/Toysrus (1 30 day, 1 60 day and 3 90 days)(4/15,5/15, 7/15, 8/15).  What happened with this was that for 2 months I did not receive their bill, once I received their bill I paid the entire balance except the late fee of $50, I called them and they told me they would waive it, however they never did and they sent me to collections for the 50.00 and they kept on marking me late.  HOW CAN I GET THIS TAKEN OFF/DELETED, When I call them they are very rude and nasty and told me that they cannot do it.

I also have 3 late payments from Comenity Bank showing (1 30 day and 2 60 days) 9/13, 1/15, 2/15

My Fice scores today before doing a rapid rescore is Eq 670, TU 662 and EX 638

My mortgage Score as of 9/21 before doing a rapid rescore is Eq 578 TU 633 and EX 600

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank/Toys R Us Negative information

At this point, you have tried the informal route, and they are apparently stonewalling.

Normally, I would advise first disputing to get on record that they have conducted a reasonable investigation, and see if the verify the accuracy.

If they do, then threaten or inititate legal action based on their admiission that the debt was not proper, and thus they should notify their debt collector to delete the inaccurate collection.

However, you are apparently in the underwriting process and dont have the luxury of running the dispute through its normal course.

I would call their executive office and speak with a management official who has authority to follow through on what they have already agreed orally.

If their underling agreed that the debt was excused, then the collection upon that debt should be rescinded.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.