Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank charge off - help

tag
AMil93
Established Member

Synchrony Bank charge off - help

I have a charged off account with Synchrony that is just over $2,000. The debt was previously assigned to a collections agency but is now in the queue at Synchrony waiting to be sent to a different agency. I tried to set up a payment plan with the rep in order to keep it from being sent back out to a CA. The rep told me that I could either pay the amount in full, do a settlement for less than owed(it would be reported as such), or make payments on the account. Should I make payments to Synchrony, the debt still runs the risk of being sent to a collections agency. Then I'd have to continue my payments with them. There's no option for a payment plan. (??)
I have absolutely no clue how to handle this. I asked the rep if I could speak to the manager. She started to get upset and raise her voice asking "what part don't you understand?" At this point my goal was just to get off the phone.

I have no clue how to handle this. Should I do a PFD? I'm sure I can find a template, but I can't find any contact information. I've seen posts about other creditors who reinstate an account and delete negative history one the full balance has been paid. Has anyone had any luck with this?
Please help Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank charge off - help

It's pretty easy to find Syncrhony's contact info by searching on Google.

Message 2 of 3
AMil93
Established Member

Re: Synchrony Bank charge off - help

I was only able to find the number to reach the regular reps through google. Not the EOs. I managed to find the info needed shortly after posting. Thanks for your helpful response ..
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.