cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Charge Off Deleted: Credit Score Drop - 27 points?

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Charge Off Deleted: Credit Score Drop - 27 points?

I had a Synchrony Bank Chargeoff that was remoed at my request yesterday off of all 3 CR.  I wanted just the Chargeoff and negatves removed but the whole account was deleted.  The account was only 2 years od.

Can I expect an increase later?

Also, Ironically, since Im trying to buy a new home, my Fico score descreased, but my Mortgage Fico 2 score jumped by 30 points.

SO my basic FIco went down, but my Fico 2 score went up.

The good thing is I got the FIco 2 score I want, but would like my overall score to icnrease again.

ANy input that might be helpful?

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Charge Off Deleted: Credit Score Drop - 27 points?

How did u get Synchrony Bank to agree to remove your chargeoff?? Your credit score could have decreased due to many reasons. Maybe removing it ...decreased your average age of credit, decreased your amount of credit, removed some positive history of payments before the chargeoff, maybe you have other negative items on your report. I've read on this site that one might not see a significant increase until the last baddie is removed.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you please share how you were able to get those items removed?

I have two charge offs with Synchrony Bank. Both have been paid in full via Calvary Portfolio and Portfolio Recovery Associates. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like to know how you were able to get the charge off removed. I have one account with them that was given to Calvary Portfolio and have been unsuccessful in getting Calvary to remove the tradeline. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get them to delete?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you please pm me a contact name and address for the person who deleted your charge off?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@terren2000 wrote:

I had a Synchrony Bank Chargeoff that was remoed at my request yesterday off of all 3 CR.  I wanted just the Chargeoff and negatves removed but the whole account was deleted.  The account was only 2 years od.

Can I expect an increase later?

Also, Ironically, since Im trying to buy a new home, my Fico score descreased, but my Mortgage Fico 2 score jumped by 30 points.

SO my basic FIco went down, but my Fico 2 score went up.

The good thing is I got the FIco 2 score I want, but would like my overall score to icnrease again.

ANy input that might be helpful?

Hello - I have a charge off on my report with Synch. Bank as well?  I called the number shown on my credit report, but I was told by Synch. I have to make the payment to the collection agency (I don't have their information and the collection isn't showing on my report).  The charge off is about a year old - how did you get yours removed?  Did you pay Synch. directly?  Any help would be appreciated.  :-)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.