Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Goodwill?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Goodwill?

I had several Synchrony accounts get charged off 2 years ago, I have been working on paying them off. I would like to send a Goodwill letter to see if they will just remove the tradelines. I'm wondering if I should wait to send any goodwill requests until they are all paid off, or if I should get started now for the ones I have paid.  yes, I know it's a lot of accounts, we had a stretch of unemployment and poor planning that led to all this  

Here is a breakdown of the accts that are still owned by Synchrony:

Gap: settled in full

TJMaxx: Paid in Full

Banana Republic: currently paying, should be paid off in April

Amazon: payment arrangements, will be paid off early April

Walmart: Paid in Full, this was not charged off, but was closed by creditor.

JCP: Currently paying, not charged off, but closed by creditor.

I'd also like to ask them to delete the COs that they sold. Do you think I might have any luck with that? I know per MCM policy I can get them to delete if paid and 2 yrs from DOFD, but is there a chance the OC might just delete the TL too?

Sold to JDB:

Sams: in payment arrangements, will be paid off June.

Care Credit: will be paid off next month (march)

Paypal: Settled in Full

Old Navy: Payment arrangements, will be paid off in June

Should I go ahead and start sending GW requests for the paid off ones now? or wait? and should they all be separate letters or clump them together? Some of the accounts have the same address. Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Goodwill?

GWs begin after the account is updated to paid off status. I would write one letter for each account.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Goodwill?

Agreed - wait until everything is paid off and status has updated on the CRAs. I recently had goodwill success with Synchrony on a paid-in-full Chevron account, but it was a single late pay notation and I have an active Walmart account in good standing. Your success mileage may vary.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.