cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony PFD 3 lates with balance transfer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony PFD 3 lates with balance transfer?

Did  some searching and couldn't really find a concrete answer to this.  I have a Care Credit (Synchrony) account that's in current good standing that I owe around $4k on.  Did not miss a payment in 2012-2013 or 2015-2016 but DID have 3 late payments in 2014 (30, 30, 60).  I was going to scoop up the Discover It card next month, the one with the 18 month 0% balance transfer option.  What are my chances of contacting Synchrony and telling them I'm willing to pay off the $4k left on the account if they are willing to remove those 3 late payments from 2014?  Is my best means of going down this route calling them?  Do I ask them to send me a letter or email first agreeing to remove those 3 lates upon receiving my payment?  I've never tried anything like this before.  I've been sending them GW letters for a couple of months now and have never received a reply, positve or negative.

I figure I can pay off the $4k within 18 months on the Discover It card with no interest with roughly a $120 transfer fee rather than pay a little over $1000 in interest to Synchrony over the same time period if I just continue to pay as I am now, plus the baddies will still be there in the end.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this one anyone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony PFD 3 lates with balance transfer?

If I tried that, with my luck, the CSA would interpret my "paying the bill for the lates being removed," as a threat of not paying at all if I didn't get what I wanted.Smiley Frustrated

They have you by the short hairs. It's an active account, with a balance. They don't care if you PIF, as they'll get their money either way, later being more profitable for them.

Sorry you're having bad luck with the GW attempts, but it only takes one sympathetic ear to work with you. Maybe others here have had luck with this.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you.  I plan on continuing the GW letter blasts monthly.  I have 6 addresses that I send them to all on the same day and have sent out 3 rounds so far.  I thought that enticing them with a full payoff might work.  I was also considering doing a large "apology" payment for goodwill, like paying off half the balance or something to show I'm sorry for the past lates.  Like you said they will get their money in the long run regardless, and why not continue to collect the interest.  I get it.  I guess I'm just looking for an easy solution here, which of course doesn't really exist.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The $4K that you owe represents potential interest in their pocket.  That is where they make the bulk of their profits.

Providing they consider you are still a good repayment risk, they really are not benefitting by your quick repayment.  They likely dont see that as a real incentive to delete information that their crecit reporting agreement informs them not to delete.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that; it all makes sense.  I guess my only option really is to continue sending GW letters and hoping for the best.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.