Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony & Midland

tag
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Synchrony & Midland

Ok, so I emailed Synchrony on 10/07 and a rep from the CEO's office called the next day and said she received my email and would respond with their decision to delete or not, by letter.  I haven't received anything so I called this am and was told they would not be able to delete or PFD because it was sold to Encore,  The thing is, on my CRA's it shows Midland reporting two Synchrony accounts.  One of the two I was able to get deleted by EE on all reports except Experian (it was due to drop 4/2016).  There is still one more.

Should I DV Midland to prove that they do not own this account, according to Synchrony?  Possibly, they will delete?  It is set to be on my reports until 2019!!!!   I know there are some who have had Midland deleted.

What are your suggestions?  Should I leave it be, as Encore is not on my reports?

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony & Midland

Encore owns Midland. I had success with Midland, although my situation was a little different. They didn't follow FCRA to the letter and ended up in a paperwork disaster, so they agreed to settle and not report to my CR. 

You can still pursue a PFD with Midland. It will be easiest if you can catch them in some kind of minor technicality with the FCRA. They may be bottom feeders, but they also know they need to follow the law to the letter as a publicly traded company. They're more interested in getting their $$$ and staying out of trouble.

Message 2 of 5
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Thanks @icenjuly for responding.  If you don't mind, what should I be looking for to make sure they following the rules?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case Midland made a few infractions of the FCRA and FDCPA

• Contacted me by phone and did not send a timely dunning notice.
  • Contacted me during work hours despite a written notification to stop.
  • Continued to contact by phone despite receiving a DV.
  • Responded to the DV with incomplete information.

Things like that. They aren't major infractions, but the CAs usually play fast and loose with the law. A few reminders of those infractions sometimes help with getting a PFD when polite requests don't work. 

Message 4 of 5
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Great info and I will look closely at it all.  So far, they have not contacted meby mail or phone (they have no phone # for me).  

Thanks again, the information is appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.