cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony has removed 2 out of 3 chargeoffs but..

tag
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

Synchrony has removed 2 out of 3 chargeoffs but..

My score only moved 15 points. So disappointed.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony has removed 2 out of 3 chargeoffs but..

Can you PM me the info and contact info you sent? I haven't been able to have success with them Smiley Sad

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be obliged as well wi5g the info! Sync is my only baddie!! Thank you!!!
Message 3 of 22
720n2013
Established Member

Please explain how you were able to convice Synchrony to remove your COs, and provide any contact information (name/address.emails).

So awesome you were able to accomplish this with Synchrony. I have 2 COs with no success yet. Congratulations!

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I also have the contact information. Thank you.

Message 5 of 22
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@720n2013 wrote:

Please explain how you were able to convice Synchrony to remove your COs, and provide any contact information (name/address.emails).

So awesome you were able to accomplish this with Synchrony. I have 2 COs with no success yet. Congratulations!

May I also have that information?

Thanks in advance 

Message 6 of 22
Erick12
Valued Member

A charge off is absolutely devastating to your credit report. Just one does so much damages, that there really isn't much damage left to do for any after that. So, since chargeooffs 2 and 3 weren't doing much damage, they aren't going to benefit you much when they are removed. Getting your last CO off will probably make a large difference though.

It's also possible that they were all so old they weren't doing much damage anymore or you have other bad stuff on there. But assuming these are your main bad things and you suspect they are doing a lot of damage, this is probably why you didn't gain much.

Also if you had anything unusual in your GW process it would be useful for you to post it so there aren't just a million people begging for an address that isn't going to actually do them any good. Or even just post that you went through standard channels and got lucky.

Message 7 of 22
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

I originally had 4 charge offs from Synchrony bank alone.  The first one was removed last year because the address was incorrect. I went back this morning to check my credit report and they actually removed all three, and there was a 40 point increase.  They were all added in 2014.  For the last 3 i wrote a letter just explaining I suffered a hardship and that maintaining good credit was important to me. I also stated that they are reporting correctly but i'm just asking if they can review my situations and remove them as a goodwill, so I can put this nightmare behind me.  A rep called me and wanted to see if i had paid the collections, and if so to sent them the settlement letters confirming payment.  At the time I had not paid, but I made settlements and just paid them off.. (Midland and Portfolio) I faxed her the letters of payments and they were removed. 

Message 8 of 22
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

I was willing to do what was needed to get them removed, so paying them is the route I chose.  I had a total of five one was from another company and now no charge offs are showing.  They were only 2 years old still within SOL to be sued and you never know with midland and PR.  Now i need to work on trying to get those collections removed.  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 22
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Would you mind sending the contact info ?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.