Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile AAAHHHHHH ! ! !

tag
_GOPackGO_
Valued Member

T-Mobile AAAHHHHHH ! ! !

Ok myFico family, I need your help. T-Mobile had originally used Sunrise Credit as the CA & they reported this on my dh’s reports. When Sunrise was unable to provide debt of validation, they removed their tradeline from all his reports and gave back to T-Mobile. Rec'd a letter from new collection agency, Diversified, that T-Mobile has now sold too. Contacted Diversified in which they were unable to provide debt of validation & was referred back to T-Mobile. They only had proof that they had bought the debt. Contacted T-Mobile, they each kept throwing my dh back and forth saying the other should have it (DV). Got fed up and reported them. Since reporting them, dh has spoken to this edit with T-Mobile Exec Office once on the phone, in which they just went in circles. DH informed Jason there was no contract, the 2 yr had expired then Jason said he would waive the termination fees (WTH) and then he went on to mention to dh verbally that he’s unable to provide him with the copy of the original contract under which the credit account (services) showing itemized with interest, payments, credits, fees and/or permissible charges were obtained because they don’t have it BUT stated he could ‘generate’ one? WTH I immediately relayed that information over to the BBB.

T-Mobile originally submitted the amount of $1,929.39 to the collection agency. However, now he changes his tune and the amount has dropped to $938.86, consisting of monthly access fees, late fees calls to directory assistance, downloads, etc etc.. He also states on the letter to BBB, dh was still under contractual obligation and therefore charged 3 $200 early termination fees in which have now been waived.  

1. I know we were no longer under contract, finished out 2 year contract and stayed with them a year after with no contract, monthly bills were getting too high because of no contract so we both walked in, paid what they said was owed, informed them services were no longer needed and walked away.

2. I know for a fact that directory assistance was never used, had unlimited internet, we Google everything, he also states fees for downloads, this is so untrue!

Do I continue to fight this and continue to inform them that I’m seeking proof (in writing pertaining to original contracts, debt validation) that this debt is mine (not how much they think I owe and for what they think I owe). Am I not entitled to see itemized to the point where it shows how the specific amount of $938.86 came to be? Please help. This has yet to hit my dh’s credit reports and I want to keep it that way, but $938.86 is still entirely too much if we do in fact owe something, I would stomach $200-$300 and even justify it that they were lingering charges after we closed the account. What should be my next move?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's their response through BBB:

June 10, 2013

FILED ELECTRONICALLY

Bureau Services Consultant
Better Business Bureau of
Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington
PO BOX 1000
DuPont, WA 98327

Re:
Your Case No. XXXXX
T-Mobile Account No. XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

T-Mobile USA, Inc. ("T-Mobile") is in receipt of your letter dated May 22, 2013, regarding the above-referenced account.

T-Mobile records indicate this account was cancelled on June 26, 2012 due to non-payment. As Mr.. XXX was under contractual obligation he was charged three $200.00 early termination fees. Please be advised there are no records prior to this date requesting the service be cancelled.

Our records show on May 20, 2013 Mr.. XXX was advised the early termination fees would be removed from his final billing statement. T-Mobile has advised an adjustment in the amount of $701.13 for the disputed early termination fees.

The final balance of $938.86 consists of the monthly access fees, late fees, calls to directory assistance, downloads, reconnection fees, collection fee, and applicable taxes for the period between February 23, 2012 and June 26, 2012. This balance is considered valid and owing and will not be removed. Any payments or arrangements should be made to Diversified Consultants Inc. the appropriate collection agency responsible for the account at 1-800-771-5361.

Based on the foregoing, we respectfully request that the complaint against T-Mobile be closed.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address listed below, or call 1-877-290-6323.

Very truly yours,

T-MOBILE USA, INC.

Edited
Executive Customer Relations

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: T-Mobile AAAHHHHHH ! ! !

My advice, get a lawyer and take them to court.

Also you could file a billing issue complaint.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.