Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile/Enhanced Recovery Collection

tag
jd403
Regular Contributor

T-Mobile/Enhanced Recovery Collection

I am trying to buy a house and am in process and am having an awful experience with T-Mobile and need some guidance.  I had an account with T-Mobile for years but after moving to NC a year ago, the service was awful.  Called them and they sent me a cell spot tower which did not help.  In July I switched carriers, closed the account and sent them back the tower.  In October I get a call from the first collection agency saying I have a balance.  I refuse to pay them because I know I returned the tower through UPS with their shipping label.  I called T-Mobile and they agreed to open an investigation and remove me from collection.  They did that at the beginning of December and on December 7th adjusted me for the cell tower and said they would send me a new bill for teh remaining balance of $165.  I never received a bill from them and on January 15th, they sent me to Enhanced Recovery Co.

Fast forward to this past Thursday and I started getting alerts on Fico of a new collection account added.  I called Enhanced Recovery who said i had a balance of $165. They never sent me anything in the mail but the item just popped up on my report.  I paid it and they said that in 72 hours I can request a letter to update my accounts to paid in full with Equifax and Experian but it will not be deleted/removed.  

What can I do here to dispute and get this removed?  I think it is completely unfair since T-Mobile acknowledged they lost the tower originally and I never received a bill from T-Mobile or Enhanced Recovery.

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: T-Mobile/Enhanced Recovery Collection

@jd403 wrote:

I am trying to buy a house and am in process and am having an awful experience with T-Mobile and need some guidance.  I had an account with T-Mobile for years but after moving to NC a year ago, the service was awful.  Called them and they sent me a cell spot tower which did not help.  In July I switched carriers, closed the account and sent them back the tower.  In October I get a call from the first collection agency saying I have a balance.  I refuse to pay them because I know I returned the tower through UPS with their shipping label.  I called T-Mobile and they agreed to open an investigation and remove me from collection.  They did that at the beginning of December and on December 7th adjusted me for the cell tower and said they would send me a new bill for teh remaining balance of $165.  I never received a bill from them and on January 15th, they sent me to Enhanced Recovery Co.

Fast forward to this past Thursday and I started getting alerts on Fico of a new collection account added.  I called Enhanced Recovery who said i had a balance of $165. They never sent me anything in the mail but the item just popped up on my report.  I paid it and they said that in 72 hours I can request a letter to update my accounts to paid in full with Equifax and Experian but it will not be deleted/removed.  

What can I do here to dispute and get this removed?  I think it is completely unfair since T-Mobile acknowledged they lost the tower originally and I never received a bill from T-Mobile or Enhanced Recovery.

You would have to begin a GW letter campaign to the reporting creditor asking that it be removed. You might contact TM and see if they are willing to help get their CA to remove tha paid collection but they cant force them to.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.