Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile - - Midland Collection

tag
sperrin
Valued Member

T-Mobile - - Midland Collection

Hi Guys,

I have a T-Mobile account that went into collections in 2010.  It's been in collections with Midland Funding.  Is it possible for me to go through T-Mobile directly to try and pay the bill?  I've heard some people have had success that way.  Please let me know any information you might have!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: T-Mobile - - Midland Collection

You can call them and ask.  If they still own it they can take payment and recall the debt from the CA.

Message 2 of 8
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

yes call T-Mobile. I just did all this. It will give you an initial automated message saying your account is with collections but get a live person in their internal collection/billing department. They will say whether they can take payment. They will only take in full. Pay inside of a store (must be straight up T-Mobile retail store) so you get an immediate receipt, otherwise you will be waiting weeks for a receipt by mail if you do it on the phone.

Fax the receipt and request for deletion to Midland. I have the fax# if you want or you can just call and ask for the dispute fax#. Apparently they will usually delete these T-Mobile's anyway if you paid TM direct but it's good to send any way to be sure.

Message 3 of 8
sperrin
Valued Member

Thanks so much!  Did this happen to you?  Were you able to pay directly to T-Mobile even with the collection being almost 3 years old?

Message 4 of 8
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Mine was around 1.5 years old, almost two. Here's the thread I posted as I went through with mine http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Had-collection-with-Midland-for-T-Mobile-acco...

my last post there I think shows the steps I took. Call T-Mobile first & find out if they will take the payment. If so, you can follow what I did. I hope to god they will take the payment because Midland can be total jerks. If you go through with it, PM me later for Midland fax# and email to request deletion.

Message 5 of 8
Neenexpectun

To Sperrin,

What happened with this?  Did tombile still own the debt or not?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
xp2inc3x
Valued Member

I have this same account issue i recently  paid the settlement offer at 50% 627.09 full amount was $1254 for midland i call midland to see if i can pay the other for a pfd they told me i have to call t-mobile. So i call t-mobile and they said it show nothing is updated on thier account it still shows i owe the $1254 so i gave them the account number that midland gave to me to give to them still nothing.. These ppl are like talking to robots you will get the same answer over and over nobody able to help you

Message 7 of 8
b0mbsquad

I have to deal with Convergent outsourcing and feel it is probably best to pay T-mobile direct in person at a corporate store and if that is not possible then over the phone and wait for a bill with $0 balance. Fax that off along with mail it off CMRRR and ask them to delete trade line. Then be ready to dispute with all 3 CRA

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.