cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile ... Sometimes you just gotta go right to the top.

tag
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

T-Mobile ... Sometimes you just gotta go right to the top.

My Fiance and I were in the process of buying our first home when a collection from T-mobile hit my CR and threw a monkey wrench into the loan approval process. I had a legitimate beef with the illegitimate collection from T-Mobile for $256. I was getting no traction with the lower levels of T-Mobile ("It's in collection so it's out of our hands") and even less traction with the CA ("Pay for delete's are illegal, end of story, you're stuck with this, pay your bill scum") so I decided to write a letter to the CEO an President of T-Mobile, John Legere.

Jon Legere has a reputation for being big on customer service so I knew there was a chance. I explained my plight in a carefully worded email and the next day I received a call from someone on his Executive Response team. Within a couple of days I paid the $256 (re-imbursed from my employer whom the account actually belonged) and all traces of the account and the collection were removed from my credit reports. A few weeks later our loan was finalized and we closed on our house.

I don't want to encourage anyone to take this route if they have a legitimate collection against them. I think that could just dillute the good will from that office. But if you are stuck with a collection that really shouldn't be yours, then explain your situation in a friendly email to Mr. Legere and you might just get the human response you deserve.

IMG_6813.jpg

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Shoebox
Valued Member

Re: T-Mobile ... Sometimes you just gotta go right to the top.

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I love T-Mobile...well, as much as anyone can love a cellphone company. Enjoy your new house - looks like beautiful!

Starting Score: 614
Current Score: 727 745 731
Goal Score: 800 800 800

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!  Good luck with your new house!

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love stories like this.  Congrats on your new home!

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I love stories like this.  Congrats on your new home!

Well done and congrats on your new home!

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to you and the future Mrs On your home Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 20
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Message 7 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, congrats on your home   Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 8 of 20
Corifto
New Contributor

I seriously love you.  My ERC/Tmo ETF from 4 years ago showed up last year and I couldn't do anything to get it off, and I've been trying everything.  Sent an email last night at 3am, got a call an hour ago.

Since they no longer have ETF's, they fully credited my account into good standing, and notified ERC to remove all reporting.  I'm seriously thinking about leaving Verizon and going back.

But man, I can't wait to see this fall off.

Message 9 of 20
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new home!  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.