Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile and Enhanced Recovery Company

tag
maryjo881
New Visitor

T-Mobile and Enhanced Recovery Company

I need any help you guys can give me.

I recieved a credit alert in Feb. saying I have an account in collections with Enhanced Recovery Company.  I called them to question it recently, and they said T-Mobile came to them that last Dec. regarding an unpaid debt.  I explained that I had not been with T-Mobile since '09 and I do not believe this is my debt, so I told them I needed a validation of debt; however, today I only receive a general bill.  Since they were closed, I called T-Mobile to explain the debt.  The gentleman told me the debt was a early termination fee from 10/18/09.  I know I had this go to collections before, but I am like 99% sure that I paid a collections company for that debt in early 2012.  Also, he said my SSN showed 2 other accounts, so I had him look them up.  He put me on hold and then came back and said something to the effect that those aren't valid setup accounts.  It just sounded really fishy to me.  

This is definetly a new account on my credit account.  I pulled my Experian and TransUnion reports in January and it was not on either one of them.  Can they start reporting over 3 years later?  I live in Louisiana, so I believe it is past statue of limitations.  Is there any other possible way of proving I had paid the debt, because I was stupid and naive and did not save any receipts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: T-Mobile and Enhanced Recovery Company

@maryjo881 wrote:

I need any help you guys can give me.

I recieved a credit alert in Feb. saying I have an account in collections with Enhanced Recovery Company.  I called them to question it recently, and they said T-Mobile came to them that last Dec. regarding an unpaid debt.  I explained that I had not been with T-Mobile since '09 and I do not believe this is my debt, so I told them I needed a validation of debt; however, today I only receive a general bill.  Since they were closed, I called T-Mobile to explain the debt.  The gentleman told me the debt was a early termination fee from 10/18/09.  I know I had this go to collections before, but I am like 99% sure that I paid a collections company for that debt in early 2012.  Also, he said my SSN showed 2 other accounts, so I had him look them up.  He put me on hold and then came back and said something to the effect that those aren't valid setup accounts.  It just sounded really fishy to me.  

This is definetly a new account on my credit account.  I pulled my Experian and TransUnion reports in January and it was not on either one of them.  Can they start reporting over 3 years later?  Yes it can be reported for 7 years from DOFD. The federal SOL on cell phone bills is 2 years. I read about so many of these cell phone companies doing this years later I actually believe most of them are bogus and they are stealing from the people they once served to pad their bottom lines.

I live in Louisiana, so I believe it is past statue of limitations.  Is there any other possible way of proving I had paid the debt, because I was stupid and naive and did not save any receipts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.   If you paid by check it will be on your statement

DV that CA by US Mail though the general bill is prob enough to validate.

Message 2 of 5
Revell31

If it's not a lot of money your best bet would be to pay them.  Call them and work out a pay for delete.. 

Message 3 of 5
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

I just had the same thing with Tmobile, but a different CA. I sent a direct dispute letter, not a debt validation. Neither tmobile or the CA had any record of what I owed. It was removed in less than 30 days.
Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 4 of 5
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Have you had any luck with this?

I've had a $256 collection from T-Mobile pop up on my credit report about once a year for 3 years now. Each time, I write a DV letter and then it's removed from my credit, little more than a minor annoyance, however this time it happens to be right while I'm in the process of buying a home and I'm really pissed.

I opened the account in my employers name (now previous) about 6 or 7 years ago for a project that required a couple of quick phones. I opened the account with my corporate card since we didn't have any existing credit with them, and apparently I gave them my SSN to do a credit check before they suppllied me with the lines of service (probably because I wasnt authorized to use the company's tax id)... in any case, I let the bills go to our finance dept who happily paid them but apparently never properly transferred the account into the company's name. At the end of the service with T-Mobile they never paid the final bill and so now it's coming back to haunt me.

So far I've talked to the CA and T-Mobile and no one is able to help me since it's under my SSN. I am going to speak to my previous employer but I don't want them to pay it reflexively which could leave the Collection stuck on my report for years to come.

Sorry to hijack your thread, it seemed relevant since it's the same carrier and CA Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.