cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile contract account defaulted after medical issue for $1,554. Any known ways I can be helped?

tag
pilot92

T-Mobile contract account defaulted after medical issue for $1,554. Any known ways I can be helped?

I had a T-mobile contract for myself and wife and had a medical issue and could not work for some time and they charged me everypossible late fee and early termination fee etc...

This account is the only collection account I have is there anything I can do with it even though I have very little money right now due to my medical issues?

Or is the only thing I can do is wait until I may go back to work down the line then talk with them?  I read about different tricks to try and trip up the collection agency hoping they don't have verifiable information on my account and will have to delete it if they can't verify something but I am not sure if that really works or what exactly I should ask the collection agency to verify about the account that would make them have to remove it if they can't verify whatever.

Anyway here is the account details the Vampires killed me with fee's from a $150 a month bill.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: T-Mobile contract account defaulted after medical issue for $1,554. Any known ways I can be hel

If the debt is legit, then there is no "trick" to getting deleted.

Errors in their reported information, other than that asserting the debt is per se not legitimate, can be corrected without any requirment to delete the entire collection.

A debt collector can tack on interest and fees provided they are explicitly authorized in the agreement/contract that created the debt.

First thing is to review your contract with T-Mobile to determine if the interest or fees are authorized.

You can, at any time, offer them a settlement agreement for less than the full amount.

Thus, if you can pay, you might send them a settlement offer for what you determine to be a fair amount, and also include in your offer their agreement to delete their collection once you send payment.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.