Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

T-Mobile

I am currently on my sisters cell phone plan. I pay my bill each month on my own and am an AU on her account. Well she lost her job and if she doesnt pay her bill, regardless if i paid mine our phones get turned off. I want to apply for an account on my own but not sure the credit requirements. My ficos are Tu:606 Exp:590 Efx:564  Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: T-Mobile

I don't know the exact credit requirements for getting your own cell phone plan even though I used to work at a dealer and sold t-mobile service. The worst case scenario is that you'll have to put a deposit down to start your own service (I've seen them range from $50-$300) and if you have 1 full year of payments on time they'll refund you that entire deposit, so you will be able to get your money back.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of providers look at your overall report, IMO.

I think they look to see if you have any collections for past utility bills, especially phones.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well ive been on her plan for a little over a year and always pay my bill on time. Does that count for anything?lol
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

even though you paid on time every month, the account is in your sister's name, so your payments that you made to her only reflect on her account.
Message 5 of 8
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

There are plenty of prepaid options nowadays...
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

T-Mobile has some good prepaid options now. It's basically plan with no credit check, you can have many of the same features and similar packages and I think you pay month to month or a prepay a month in advance. They tried to talk me into it last time I was there because it was a new option and the were pressing it on everyone. I already had a contract with them though.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try calling them up and trying to port the number to a new account in your name-
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.