cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU FICO FORUMS! Just had the most hilarious phone call from a collection agency!

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

THANK YOU FICO FORUMS! Just had the most hilarious phone call from a collection agency!

Random 703 number calls, I think gotta be a collector, normally I ignore it, but I am trying to clean my credit, so I answered. Ah Ha, its United Collections calling to respond to a PFD letter I sent them, I am glad I picked up.

UC agent- Hi we are calling to inform you that we will not be deleting your account from your report, but we will update it to a paid status

Me- I will only pay this account if you will delete

UC- Why do you need it to be deleted, your scores will go up if it shows a paid status

Me- I am cleaning my report, its not just about the scores

UC- why are you cleaning your report

Me- (thinking this is none of your business)- but I say I might be leasing a condo and purchasing a new car soon, and also I just want to rebuild my credit for personal reasons.

UC- Well according to FCRA, it is illegal for us to delete accounts

oh yeah this is where she messed up big time, she doesn't know yet she is speaking with a well-informed Fico forum member Smiley Wink

Me- actually according to FCRA, it is not illegal. It is only required that a collection agency if it decides to report must report accurate information, it is not required that they report at all.

UC- Yes it is illegal because according to FCRA, we can't delete one members account and not delete all of them.

I silently laugh because now I know she is just winging it and making stuff up, silly lady, LOL. Plus she starts to get flustered, and I am calm as a whistle. I speak in soft calm tones.

Me- actually that is incorrect also, sorry mam, I am not new at this I have had 8 collections deleted this way, I know what you can and cannot do.

UC- Well those other collection agencies broke the law, and we won't do that. This account is hurting you, and you wont be able to get approved for anything until it gets paid (scare tactic, HA)

Me- so 8 other collection agencies broke a law..... For me.... I don't think so mam, OK let me just say this (and I swear I said all of this in a very nice and respectful way) I have nothing to lose by keeping this account on here, its already being reported as a collection, I will not lose any more points if it remains on here, in fact the longer it stays the less it hurts me, plus its only a $100 medical collection, and the auto lender I use does not care about school or medical collections, I will still be approved without paying you, and I am in no rush to pay you. You need me to pay you, I DON'T need to pay you, so it is in your best interest to approve this deletion, because this is and only will be, the way you will ever get your payment from me.

UC- but this is your responsibility

Me- Yes it is and that's why I will pay as soon as you approve the deletion, I can pay you the same day, you send that letter, and you can send it by  fax, or email, if that is more convenient for you. ( again in very calm tones LOL)

UC- (she is upset now) Well I see we are at a stalemate, because you refuse to  pay and we refuse to delete

Me- I am not refusing to pay, I am offering a compromise that benefits both parties, You get your money and fast, and I will get a deletion, its a win win. Now when you are ready to consider my offer please do contact me again, and have a great nite!

UC- we will never consider a deletion, have a goodnight!

LOL! HAHAHAHHAhAHA greatest conversation ever! I love this forum, oh and I will not give up I am sending another letter and another email to them tonight!

I ♥ YOU ALL! HUGGGS!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: THANK YOU FICO FORUMS! Just had the most hilarious phone call from a collection agency!

Epic!  Well done

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 14
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Re: THANK YOU FICO FORUMS! Just had the most hilarious phone call from a collection agency!

Hilarious! I wish I would've thought of that today. Back to GWs
Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 3 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

Nice...  I had one from them and ended up letting it age off.

Message 4 of 14
guydiver
Established Contributor

That was too funny.  They'll call back. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Nicely done !! Keep it up and you will wear them down !
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 14
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! I hope they do call back, I will be ready!

Message 7 of 14
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

LMBO!! Ha ha ha.

What a great post.

Way to go Izze!

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

That is so awesome, izzy! I hope I can remain cool and calm if that ever happens to me (and I'm sure it will). Way to go!

Also, I actually just sent 2 DVs to United Collections. You say that you will email them? Do you have a good email for them? If so, please PM me the addy.

Thanks and YOU ROCK Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Message 9 of 14
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Woo Hoo Thank you! Check your pm!

Also I just got an email from another member here, and he said that after he PFD them several times he just paid and Goodwill them and it worked. So I am going to PFD a few more times, then I will do the same thing, its only $100 bucks. I just didnt want the lady on the phone thinking should could scare me into anything! But the goal is deletion in any form. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.