cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
earlybird2

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time poster! I can not say thank you enough. As of 6 weeks ago I had a 598 credit score, 6 baddies from years ago, 3 secured cards, 4 store cards, and 3 subprime cards. My AAoA is a year and a half. All my payments have been on time. In these past 6 weeks, I have totally observed all the posts, and have successfully removed all baddies off all reports. Last week I was approved for Discover It, Chase Slate, Capital One Cash Back. And as of today Amex approved me for a Blue Cash. All through manual recons using back door numbers. A little history, last year bought a HUD home with cash, and ran high balances during the remodel process for a year. During the past year I never was late or missed a payment though. Never asked for cli or new cards. Paid off everything in Feb. and started the process. 2 Afni's, 2 Verizon's , I Trident,
And a utility bill. This has been the most stressful time, it's a full time job by itself.. I will tell anyone hang in there, and don't give up. Wanted to say the hell with it and wife and kids pushed me on. Have a good support system while you rebuild because you WILL need it. As of today my Fico is a 723 and climbing. I never would have gotten this far, without this forum. Remember this it's not how you fall, but how you get back up. I just wanted to say thanks again, and it can be done to those ready to give up. I posted this in credit cards, but this is the forum it all started with.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TheGoalis700

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Earlybird!

So, what steps did you take to get them all removed (and so quickly!)?

Thanks & congratulations!
Message 2 of 7
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Remember this it's not how you fall, but how you get back up.

This IS a good mantra!  Thanks for sharing :-)

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 3 of 7
Cageym
Established Contributor

That's great! Now you can stick around and pass on your experience to others that need help. Smiley Happy

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice work!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
earlybird2

Called Afni and settled. They do not PFD., I was told, but paid them anyways. Called back again and again within hours of paying, and finally got someone who understood situation. They said under the circumstances they would delete. I would not take no for an answer. It was due to fall off in 7 months anyway. Not sure if that helped or not. They said it could take 60 days to remove, but was off within 48 hours off all 3 CB. Verizon was disputed with all 3 CB, that one was not mine, and deleted. It was my deceased family member with close name. Trident was the hardest. The bill was from 2005, but Trident was not trying to see my original bill. Way past the SOL. They said they would PFD, went round and round for a month everyday. The CB even said I was right, but Trident verified, and it was going to remain. That's the only reason I paid it. They remove the 23rd of the month only, so I fought with them till the 22nd, and finally paid just to be done. They are TOUGH. Utility was mine, PFD and was off within 24 hours. Disputed medical bill and they deleted. It was only on TU. forgot to mention, I DV everything. Once I did that Afni changed from collection to charge off, so be warned. After I disputed, they charged off, and were ready to sell debt, caught it just in time. I was surprised how fast everything was deleted, but talking to the collectors was no easy job, and stressful beyond words. They TRY to talk to you like a child, or less of a person, and I'm an adult. They truly test your patience. Seriously, you have to be the bigger person, keep level head, and seriously be nice no matter how much it hurts.!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember you get more bees with honey than vinegar!!!! Hope this helps somebody.
Message 6 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I have a good relationship with 'my girl' from AFNI.  She has really worked her butt off for me.  It's kinda sad when she calls, she's in my iphone so I answer with her name. 

I think you CAN reach a person who is understanding, but you also need to not be an ass to get the job done.

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.