cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

tag
steph141

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I've never posted here before, but I just had to come on here and say thank you so much! With your help, I was able to PFD all of the outstanding debt on my husbands credit report, and four on mine ALL SINCE THIS LAST SUNDAY!!! I was so scared  and discouraged thinking we'd never be able to buy a house. He was 12 points away from a 640 on his midscore, and our lease is up in July. I'm in tears because I'm on the right path towards fixing things, and I could not have done it without you guys. 

Anyway. I have all the letters from the CAs in a file. What do I do with them now? Do I need to send them to the credit bureaus to speed things along, or do I just wait and see what happens?

Steph

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

@steph141 wrote:

I've never posted here before, but I just had to come on here and say thank you so much! With your help, I was able to PFD all of the outstanding debt on my husbands credit report, and four on mine ALL SINCE THIS LAST SUNDAY!!! I was so scared  and discouraged thinking we'd never be able to buy a house. He was 12 points away from a 640 on his midscore, and our lease is up in July. I'm in tears because I'm on the right path towards fixing things, and I could not have done it without you guys. 

Anyway. I have all the letters from the CAs in a file. What do I do with them now? Do I need to send them to the credit bureaus to speed things along, or do I just wait and see what happens?

Steph

Oh wow! Congratulations!!!

I would just sit back and wait. Even if you sent the letters, the bureaus would need to confirm the information with the creditors anyway, so you wouldn't be saving any time.

I'm very happy for you and your hubby! Congratulations on that new house this summer!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 9
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! I will send the letters to the CB to be proactive just in case the CA doesn't remove them.

I did a PFD it took the agecny a few weeks to have it removed.

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 3 of 9
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

I always drop confirmation letters in the mail to the CB's just in case, I had one judgement that took a couple months to update. And when your pressed for time and have a couple of bad items left on your credit report i'd spend the couple bucks on postage stamps and do it anyways. Smiley Happy 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@diebadcredit6504 wrote:

Congrats!! I will send the letters to the CB to be proactive just in case the CA doesn't remove them.

I did a PFD it took the agecny a few weeks to have it removed.

STOP!!

Do not ever send PFD letters to a CRA they will not be honored and you will be stuck with the CA for the full 7 yr run.  You will have to wait for them to take care of it and if they dont within 90 days you would use the letters with the BBB.

Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You would keep those letters at least till the 7 yr time period expires on those debts. Personally I would keep forever.

Message 6 of 9
steph141

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Seriously, I could not have done it without all the success stories here. 

Message 7 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Good job!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 9
ckdixon3629

Congrats! I'm in the process of repairing my wife and I's credit, well needless to say she has 4 collections, numerous lates, etc. We just applied for a USDA loan and were denied due to her credit file so I'm investing a tremendous amount of time this next year on fixing those mistakes. I'm curious, when you sent the PFD letters what % of the debt amount did you offer? I've sent (3) of the CA's PFD letters last Wednesday and haven't heard anything. I offered 50% of the requested amount, which in her case were all small amounts as none of her collections were above $500. 

Good job, again!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.