Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THD/CBSD incorrectly reporting my account

tag
renov8r
Established Member

THD/CBSD incorrectly reporting my account

I am in the final months of a DMP.  I have a couple of 30 day lates and 1 60 day late reported over the last 7 years.  All of the accounts are reporting "as agreed" except for THD/CBSD which is reporting "collection" even though the account was only 30 days late 2 times and brought current each time.  It was never in collections.  The customer service rep basically said that any account in a DMP is considered a collection account.  I discussed this with the DMP and they disagreed.  All of the other accounts they looked at were reporting 'as agreed'.  

The detailed history on the credit reports show clearly that all payments were made on time except for the two that were 30 days.  This account never went into collections.  The CSR refused to let me speak to collections and said they wont take phone calls.  I need to get a hold of someone who can correct this status.

-Chris Reed

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: THD/CBSD incorrectly reporting my account

No, it should show DMP and not collections.  Once out of the DMP the DMP remark would be removed.

You can send a direct dispute to the CCC.  Look in my signature.

Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

No, it should show DMP and not collections.  Once out of the DMP the DMP remark would be removed.

Mine wasn't and I would not dispute the info since the account is probably closed so you don't want it to be dropped from your CR.  I also haven't seen any effect of having the remarks on my CR in getting credit and even if a CCC or other entity did reject you for that reason, IMHO there will be someone other that won't.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Mine wasn't and I would not dispute the info since the account is probably closed so you don't want it to be dropped from your CR.  I also haven't seen any effect of having the remarks on my CR in getting credit and even if a CCC or other entity did reject you for that reason, IMHO there will be someone other that won't.

Well, it is showing as a collections which it is not. 

The DMP notation has to be removed once completed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.