cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY, CAN THIS COLLECTION AGENCY GET AWAY WITH THIS PLEASE HELP

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY, CAN THIS COLLECTION AGENCY GET AWAY WITH THIS PLEASE HELP

Hi, cinnamin on my TU report it is stated opened 12/30/05 date reported 3/29/09 so that must be the date it was placed on my TU report as it was never there before just on my other cr of EQ and EX  which on EX stating opened 12/1/05 reported since 8/06 and EQ 1st delinquency 7/03 both EQ and EX to be removed next year of these reports.  I am so irrate after all this time now it is on my TU report but I am calling TU today and inquiring when it is going to be removed and I want to know should I validate now or even can I since it been so long or just dispute as dates are all over the place.  Any advice would be appreciated as I am really trying to repar my credit.  Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 15
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

Re: THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY, CAN THIS COLLECTION AGENCY GET AWAY WITH THIS PLEASE HELP

Tray-

I don't blame you for being upset, I would be too as well especially when they did a sneaky move of putting this on your credit report. And I would call the OC in regards to any payments arrangements. Check with your's states SOL-statute of limitations. The opened date could be when the CA( collection agency) received the account as sometimes they re-age the account (illegally), when was the account opened with the OC and your date of last missed payment from the OC. This is how the SOL date begins, it not when CA opens (receives your acct from the OC) , but I would dispute definitely. And find out who owns this account the OC or CA. It can still be reported for 7 years.

To get it off faster, I would make payment arrangements with the OC ( if they allow it) and request removal of the amount. Or if not, write the CA  also you can fax it and send it by certified mail w/ retrun receipt and request removal of the amount. Get all deals in writing first and that the acct will be closed with removal from you credit report!!  See if you can settle for a lesser amount. Private message if you need more info.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the original poster is not being sued, the SOL is not at all related to what is going on here.

The OP's question has to do with whether or not an old account can be reported as a new collection.  According to his other two credit reports, the account is due to be removed next year because the DOFD is July 2003.

If the DOFD is, in fact, July 2003, then the CA can post to any or all of the CRA's at any point during the reporting period.  This is a really unfortunate instance where the OP got lucky, and the CA only showed on two of the CRA's.  This is playing hard ball.

OP--all of the usual rules apply on this one.  Since it's new on your TU, you can DV.  I think this activity shows that they are escalating collection efforts.  Sounds like this is not a paid account, so you might need to make some decisions about whether you are willing to pay (try PFD?), or if you want to wait for it to fall off and hope they don't sue.

Just a reminder that the terms of service of this site do not allow us to recommend disputing an account that is reporting correctly.

Message 13 of 15
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

Tray-

Please private message me as some folks don't know what their saying. Thanks. I will explain it more to you.

Message Edited by Cinnnamon on 04-13-2009 09:30 AM
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's all remember to friendly, respecful, and supportive to all.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.