Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THREE Baddies maybe gone if PFD with Commonwealth Financial comes through

tag
themacstack
Established Member

THREE Baddies maybe gone if PFD with Commonwealth Financial comes through

I have three medical bills on my credit reports.  Last August when I finally got serious about getting on track these weren't on there but when I started challenging some things I guess they found me again.  Anyhow BAM here they appear, and with a start date of December 2013!!  So I called back then and told them in March I will have some funds, can we work out a PFD?

Time passes and I call today....they said sure.  Even cut one of the bills in half saving me three large.  BEFORE I make the payment I get emailed letters from them on their letterhead with a PFD Offer.  I make the payment and I immediately get zero balance confirmations and three PFD confirmations in my email and they told me they will be physically mailed to my home as well.

Last thing, and most important obviously, the delete from the credit bureaus.  They promised me they will do it, I feel I can trust them given that they have done all they said they would so far and I have the validated PFD confirmations in my email.  Below is the text from one of the three but they all say the same, one for each account.

"Date: 3/10/2014 

8 0036765

$0.00

9/7/2009

Original Creditor: Original Account: Current Balance:

TIM MCXXXXXXX

Commonwealth Financial Systems, Inc. is authorized to resolve the above-mentioned account.

This debt has been "Satisfied" and you will have no further obligation to the above referenced creditor.

We will notify the three major credit bureaus to delete the above referenced account as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me."

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: THREE Baddies maybe gone if PFD with Commonwealth Financial comes through

Grats, keep such letters around for 10 years, they should follow through but if they dont after contacting them about it use the BBB to get them to honor. BTW if they use e-oscar to remove it would be done within a few days, if they manually request it can take 30-60 days to happen.

Message 2 of 16
baugh

Did they actually remove them from your credit report?

Message 3 of 16
themacstack
Established Member

Yes they did.  In this case the PFD did work.

Message 4 of 16
baugh

What contact information did you use? Can you please PM me the details? Thanks

Message 5 of 16
themacstack
Established Member

PM'd

Message 6 of 16
Star-Lord
Established Member

hi,

please pm me the contact info also.  i would like to pfd with them also.

thanks!

Message 7 of 16
xnxo
Contributor

Please pm me the info you used. I really need help with them. I had a med collection pop up on my report!

BoA Cash Rewards $1.9k, Cap1 QS $1.1k, Amex ED $2k, Amex BCE $7.5k, Amex PRG: NPSL w/ Opt to Carry, Kohls $300, VS $2.8k, Paypal Credit $1.8K, Sears MC $4K, CareCredit $1k
12-6-13 EX FICO: 591
Current Score: EXP: 708 (FICO 1/2015) EQ: 740 (FICO 12/2014) TU: 750 (12/14/14 FAKO)
Goal score: 750 across by JAN 2018! Gardening as of AUG 21, 2017 - GOAL 12 MONTHS
Message 8 of 16
themacstack
Established Member

PM'd

Message 9 of 16
ewrcjt
Valued Member

Can you pm me the info as well? I have 2 medical bills listed with them. Thanks in advance.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.