Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THREE DELETIONS!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: THREE DELETIONS!!!!!!!

Hello!

I myself am in the middle of disputing some items on my Credit Report.  I have been reading through all 12 pages of this post and hate to ask as I can see you have been asked multiple times, but if you could send me the samples of you GW and PFD letters, I would be extremely greatful.  I have already sent out several GW letters, but I will not stop until I get my yes.  These boards have been such an inspiration to me, and it is seeing people such as yourself get ahead that is an ispiration to me.  Thank you so very much for your time.

Wesley

Message 121 of 168
snugglebug
Valued Member

Hi mst2009!!  I know you've been bombarded here, but your post brings such hope!  I just started this process, and would really appreciate you sending your sample GW and PFD letters too if you don't mind!  Thanks so much! 

Message 122 of 168
Rvan1961
Valued Member

instead of PMing each person, can you just post the general format of the letter here? If not, pls PM me too...lol

I would love to see how a 'working' letter is formatted Smiley Happy

TIA and Great Job !!!

Starting Score: 622
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 123 of 168
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I thought about that but I am still working through the "RULE BOOK" and I wanted to make sure it was ok to post the letter...so since I haven't heard anything I have just been doing the PM....I had one poste removed and I think it was the one with a sample letter...but check your PM!!!

Message 124 of 168
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Snugglebug,

I think that what is really sad is that there are so many of us out there that believe we cannot do anything to really change our situation...I know I have been there...but we have more power to change these things than we could even imagine!!  We would be doing ourselves such a diservice by losing even a glimmer of hope...keep in mind it is work, and you have to be very persistant!!!  Stay plugged into the forums, research and ask LOTS of questions!!!  These forums are like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!!  Check your PM!!!! Oh and Welcome!!

Message 125 of 168
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Could you please PM the letters to me also. I would like to get some lates of my CRs as well.
Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 126 of 168
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I thought about that but I am still working through the "RULE BOOK" and I wanted to make sure it was ok to post the letter...so since I haven't heard anything I have just been doing the PM....I had one poste removed and I think it was the one with a sample letter...but check your PM!!!

In this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/10675 there are example letters so I don't see any reason why you can't post an example of something you've sent. Just be sure there is no personal information posted.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 127 of 168
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks!!!  FYI...I got some help from a couple of attorneys with the Nut Case letter my BFF and my Uncle...

The first letter was to Vz....it worked really well the first time I sent it...I also have a better contact for VZ then the one listed below...

Verizon-Great Lake Recovery Department
1515 East Woodfield Road # 1400
Schaumburg, IL 60173-5443

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor Account #:

Amount:

To Whom It May Concern:

In the spirit of compromise, I have paid this account IN FULL in exchange for immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

Certified funds for the balance has been sent to xxxxx Collection Agency in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

Verizon agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies Experidian, Equifax and TransUnion WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment.

Please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Miracle Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

any name

any address

any city

the nutcase letter:

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting information that is in violation of my rights under the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Fair Credit Billing ACT (FCBA).

I am distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile and have failed to maintain reasonable procedures in your operations to assure maximum possible accuracy. Every step must be taken to assure the information reported is completely accurate, correct and in compliance with the FTC's Fair Credit Billing Act.

The following information therefore needs to be removed from my credit profile. In August 21 I contact XXXXXX regarding a balance on my account with the company. I was informed that the balance was for a cable modem that their records showed was not returned. I informed XXXXX that I did indeed return the cable modem. I was informed that they would do a search to locate the modem. XXXXX did not inform me neither in writing nor via the telephone that the modem was not found. Instead XXXXXX together with COLLECTON AGENCy chose to initiate collection activities during the time XXXXX was "trying to locate the modem." Each call I made to XXXXXXXX during the month of August I was told that they were still searching. I was unaware that XXXXXXX was not trying to locate the modem since they had initiated collection activities with COLLECTION AGENCY .

I immediately contacted the FTC regarding XXXXXX wanton disregard for my rights as a consumer and clear violation of the FCBA which states that:

"The creditor may not threaten your credit rating or report you as delinquent while your bill is in dispute. If the creditor's investigation determines the bill is correct, you must be told promptly and in writing how much you owe and why. The penalty also applies if a creditor threatens to report - or improperly reports - your failure to pay to anyone during the dispute period.

XXXXX Account # XXXXX

The listed item is completely in violation of my rights under the FCBA. I have contacted XXXXXX who have since informed me that COLLECTION AGENCY was the one to report the account to Equifax during this investigational/dispute period.

If you do not cease reporting this incorrect information, I will be forced to take further action. Please be advised that your blatant disregard and violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and my rights as a consumer have caused harm to me by seriously affecting credit rating, causing denial of credit, as well as causing me to be charged higher interest rates and unfavorable loan terms.

Note that the FTC has maintained that incorrect credit reporting is the legal equivalent of prohibited collection activity

As per the FCRA:

§ 616. Civil liability for willful noncompliance [15 U.S.C. § 1681n]
(a) In general. Any person who willfully fails to comply with any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any consumer is liable to that consumer in an amount equal to the sum of
(1) (A) any actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure or damages of not less than $100 and not more than $1,000

§ 617. Civil liability for negligent noncompliance [15 U.S.C. § 1681o]
(a) In general. Any person who is negligent in failing to comply with any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any consumer is liable to that consumer in an amount equal to the sum of
(1) any actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure;
(2) in the case of any successful action to enforce any liability under this section, the costs of the action together with reasonable attorney's fees as determined by the court.

As a brief summary I state the following:

You have been notified that your actions are detrimental to me and that your company has violated (including but not limited to) the Consumer Credit Protection Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Your company should know that this continued reporting of inaccurate information is damaging to me. You have communicated and are continuing to communicate incorrect and defamatory information to Equifax.

As a result of these blatantly reckless, wanton, and intentional acts, I have suffered and continue to suffer general and specific damages. I am also very upset at your company's intentional infliction of emotional distress, other diminishments of the quality of my life and refusal to follow the law.

Please understand that I am extremely concerned regarding the harmful resultant consequences of the actions your company has taken. Please be advised that, if this matter is not resolved expeditiously, I will take any and all necessary steps to protect my rights.

If you wish to resolve this matter, this will be your last opportunity to do so. The following item must be deleted from my credit files with Equifax within 5 days from the tracked and verifiable receipt of this letter. Forward a letter to me via regular U.S. mail stating it has been removed and will not reappear on my credit reports again. I will accept nothing less.

Please be aware if these accounts are not deleted within 5 days of receipt, I will file a formal complaint, that includes COLLECTION AGENCY , with the Federal Trade Commission, my state's Banking and Finance Bureau, and the Better Business Bureau. Also, note that section 1681s-2(b) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act creates a cause of action for a consumer against a furnisher of erroneous credit information (Nelson v. Chase Manhattan).

This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be collected as evidence should any further action be necessary. Also be advised that a copy of this letter has been sent Certified Mail return Receipt to both your office and the FTC.

Thank you and I look forward to your resolving this most expeditiously.

Sincerely,

NUTCASE
Name
ADDRESS

Message 128 of 168
jada0607
Valued Member

Congrats!

Starting Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Current Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Goal Score: 760+

Message 129 of 168
MFSER
Established Member

Congrats mst2009 !!!!! Please send me the address that you sent your letter to

Thanks in advance!

Starting Score: TU 611 EQ 606
Current Score: TU 630 EQ 646
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 130 of 168
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.