Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TL Reporting Wrong DOFD

tag
CreditChallanged85
Established Member

TL Reporting Wrong DOFD

So I'm in the process of watching baddies fall off my reports and there is one that is reporting the wrong DOFD. It is showing as 12/2005 when in fact it was 5/2005. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal since it will fall off in 7 months but I'm trying to refinance my car and this is keeping me from doing that. Any ideas, suggestions? Oh and its an unpaid account to ATT/Cingular.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: TL Reporting Wrong DOFD

@CreditChallanged85 wrote:

So I'm in the process of watching baddies fall off my reports and there is one that is reporting the wrong DOFD. It is showing as 12/2005 when in fact it was 5/2005. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal since it will fall off in 7 months but I'm trying to refinance my car and this is keeping me from doing that. Any ideas, suggestions? Oh and its an unpaid account to ATT/Cingular.

What do you have that you could use to establish May 2005 as the DOFD ?    Do you have any statements or documents ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I'm not positive but I believe that if you send CRA 11$ they must furnish you with dofd. If it still says the wrong date do you have any bills that prove you went diliquent on the earlier date. Im in process of waiting for afni to delete by monday and will start new one with EQ because it is being reported as july 2005 when it was dec 2004 and should be off my equifax as of may 2012. A month isnt that long but Im in the same pickle need to get car loan.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I presume, since its an OC account, that the issue is one of exclusion of a charge-off from your CR?

As mentioned, FCRA 609(a)(1) gives you the right to receive any information reported to your credit file directly from the CRA.

Request the FCRA Compliance/Date of First Delinquency that they were required to have reported under FCRA 623(a)(5).

Requests under section 609(a)(1) require the payment of a fee to the CRA, which is currently $11.00.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.