Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TL deleted on GEMB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TL deleted on GEMB

Just got a call from GEMB and they informed me they would be deleting the tradelines on my account Smiley Happy. Also mentioned the SSCRA since i'm military and got a 140 dollar refund Smiley Very Happy. The lady also mentioned having the TL deleted would effect utilization and could still lower my score? any insight on this would be apprechiated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: TL deleted on GEMB

Congrats to YOU!!   Did you send a GW letter?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Corresponded all via email, until I got a call litteraly 10 minutes ago Smiley Happy They didn't want to budge at first until I mentioned the SSCRA and adjusting interest rates and fees. Sent that email and 30 minutes later got the phone call.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The lady also mentioned having the TL deleted would effect utilization and could still lower my score? any insight on this would be apprechiated.

If the account was closed and had a $0 balance, then there is no impact to CC util and therefore no impact to your score on that aspect alone.

If the account was closed and had any balance and a CL reported, then, yes, you could see and increase or decrease in your overall CC util and that can impact your score.

Not mentioned was the history. If these are among your youngest accounts, then you could see a positive impact to your AAoA and actually could see a nice increase, baddie(s) aside.

If these are among your oldest accounts, then AAoA could drop as well as the length of history, and that could result in a net loss, depending on the baddies.

IMO, I'd rather have a cleaner report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.