Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSUNION SITE......FAKO? NOT FAKO?

tag
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

TRANSUNION SITE......FAKO? NOT FAKO?

just went to TU's site and they had the 7 day free lookieloo.....so I lookiellooed.  It said my score was 666.  That's the best score I've seen yet (although I don't care for the specific number 666 (see movie: The Omen...Damian's head) it's the best number I've seen yet.  But is it a true FICO since it came off their site or is it FAKO?? 

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: TRANSUNION SITE......FAKO? NOT FAKO?

Message 2 of 23
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I'm confused........I have the SW and I pay like $15 a month for that.  I assume that whenever the credit score goes up it will appear on my member center page immediately or does it refresh just once a month or do I have to pay $19.99 everytime I want to see my new tru FICO score?  Next to the EQ score is the TU that I can get for $19.99.  Will that be continually refreshing as my score increases or do I need to pay $19.99 every month to see my score?

Starting Score:

Message 3 of 23
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Did the score say TransUnion VantageScore?

Message 4 of 23
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

yeah I saw Vantage Score in the fine print so I assumed it was FAKO.....I want to be able to check my score often.  Patience is not one of my virtues.  Will the SW refresh my EQ scores as they improve or do I have to pay every month?  What about the TU they are pushing to the left of the TU score?  If I pay the $19.99 will it constantly refresh?  I can't afford (or want) to pay $40 a month to know my scores....please advise.

Starting Score:

Message 5 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 23
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

the site also showed me a limited CR it had one of my coolections was removed that was list in my TU report I got from annualcreditreports.com.  So thats encouraging unless that's FAKE(O) too...?

Starting Score:

Message 7 of 23
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Score watch only monitors Equifax, It looks for changes every 7-10 days. Make sure your settings are set correctly. 

Message 8 of 23
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

but do Im paying for the SW will that give me the TU score for free?

Starting Score:

Message 9 of 23
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

The VantageScore is a fake score. I found from my personal experience is you take your VantageScore and multiple it by 0.951 to get your estimated TransUnion Score. I got my TU FICO when I was applying for a credit card and figured out the percentage on my own. I don't know if it holds true for anyone else, but give it a try.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.