cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Dispute Results Back---10 of 17 deleted---But, I still have an issue....

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

TU Dispute Results Back---10 of 17 deleted---But, I still have an issue....

Ok, so I filed the dispute 9/30 and got results back today. 

10 paid collections deleted, Federal Tax Lien no longer on file, MD State tax lien shows as paid, BUT, two MIDLAND accounts that I didn't include in the dispute because they were listed to fall of 10/2013 now show at fall off date of 11/2015 and 10/2016....How is this possible????

Do I need to contact TU to ask that they take the DISPUTE notation off of the rest of the accounts?? These are the baddies I have left:

• Capital One
  • 2 Credit Control Corporation
  • Fair Collections and Outsourcing (I received mail DV letter from FCO)
  • HSBC Bank
  • 2 Portfolio Recovery (HSBC and Cap1 from above)--I will keep writing my good will removals

---Update---Checked mail today and got 3 account closed letters from Portfolio Recovery (not for the two on my credit report)-- smh

Was I supposed to receive verification information from all of them?? If I don't?? Can I ask for removal??

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Dispute Results Back---10 of 17 deleted---But, I still have an issue....

Was MCM misreporting the DOFD before, in your favor? Was the DOFD in 2006 or was it in 2008-2009, and can you prove that? Did you send any DV letters, file any complaints, or dispute on a different CRA? That could be the source of the update.

I wouldn't worry about the dispute notations. If anything, they are helping you per the OC TLs.

Those OCs/CAs won't send verification of anything. They don't have to. The CRA that you disputed with will let you know if the TL is verified, updated, or deleted, once the dispute is 100% completed.

Message 2 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Was MCM misreporting the DOFD before, in your favor? Was the DOFD in 2006 or was it in 2008-2009, and can you prove that? Did you send any DV letters, file any complaints, or dispute on a different CRA? That could be the source of the update.

I wouldn't worry about the dispute notations. If anything, they are helping you per the OC TLs.

Those OCs/CAs won't send verification of anything. They don't have to. The CRA that you disputed with will let you know if the TL is verified, updated, or deleted, once the dispute is 100% completed.

OP has a mortgage on the agenda...

So those dispute tags are most definitely a concern...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If a new home is in the near future, then yes, you'd need to get those removed. FICO ignores the negative aspects of OC accounts while a dispute comment is listed, so I would watch for a potential hit on your FICO(s) once those comments are removed. Depends on the recentness of those OC baddies, like the lates, reported dates, or DOLA.

Message 4 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

MCM showed DOLA in my favor, literally supposed to drop off this month....I didn't dispute them.  The baddies are all pretty old; all around 2006-8. 

Maybe I should mention that those two MCM accounts are unpaid.  So, do I need to add them to my list of "attempt to PFD"

I am getting a little overwhelmed. I might take a small break from credit repair; just a few weeks.   

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.