Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Dispute Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Dispute Results

Well I disputed some items on my report but I'm not sure if it they was all deleted or what. The reason I say that is because on some of the accounts it says deleted and on others it says removed. What's the difference?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Dispute Results

I would think that "deleted" means that the credit bureau deleted them. I would think that "removed" means that they were removed by the party (creditor/debt collector) that placed the account on your report. Just my guess, not sure if I am correct on that.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They mean the same thing.  The informatin was deleted.  It does not inform you who deleted.

In any dispute, unless the CRA has dismissed the dispute without reinvestigation as frivolous or irrrelevant, the CRA is required to conclude the dispute by sending a formal Notice of Results of REinvestigation within 5 business days after coclusion of their 30-day period for reinvestigation.

That Notice must inform you of the results.  If the CRA deleted based on lack of verification, that Notice must so inform, and must also be accompanied by a copy of a revised credit report showing that the changes have been entered into your file.

If the furnisher received the dispute and deleted themselves, then the CRA would notify you that they have dismissed the dispute.   Deletion of the disputed information renders the dispute moot.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

They mean the same thing.  The informatin was deleted.  It does not inform you who deleted.

In any dispute, unless the CRA has dismissed the dispute without reinvestigation as frivolous or irrrelevant, the CRA is required to conclude the dispute by sending a formal Notice of Results of REinvestigation within 5 business days after coclusion of their 30-day period for reinvestigation.

That Notice must inform you of the results.  If the CRA deleted based on lack of verification, that Notice must so inform, and must also be accompanied by a copy of a revised credit report showing that the changes have been entered into your file.

If the furnisher received the dispute and deleted themselves, then the CRA would notify you that they have dismissed the dispute.   Deletion of the disputed information renders the dispute moot.

I'm a little confused. I did one single TU dispute on an agency 3 days ago. That agency had two small accounts on me. The one I didn't dispute yet was removed yesterday. Today I woke up and CreditKarma informed me that my dispute was completed and "Result: Deleted - TransUnion has deleted the account or record from your TransUnion credit report."

So according to CK, one dispute got the agency to remove both accounts? But CK is still showing the one I disputed as open/unpaid on my report from them (that supposedly updated today post-dispute).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Its hasn't been 30 days that why I was so concerned with the way it was labeled.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.