Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Dispute - additional manual processing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Dispute - additional manual processing

I disputed an account online with TU on 12/22  and got this message:

We have discovered that your request requires additional manual processing. As a result, online delivery of your dispute resolution is unavailable at this time.

You will receive a mail soon with further instructions.

I haven't received any emails or postal mail from TU regarding this dispute. How long is it supposed to take?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: TU Dispute - additional manual processing

How many times have you disputed with TU?  I have seen others get that message but that is usually because they are using the dispute method as a way to obtain a free copy of their credit report.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only twice. Once to have an AU account removed, and this time,  but this last one did include several items of dispute.

Message 3 of 9
dursty87
Established Contributor

Interesting.  You can try checking the status online.  If that doesn't work, I would wait another week for something to arrive in the mail.  If nothing shows up I would give them a call.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to checking online but get the same "manual processing" message. I guess I'll give another little bit then just call for status. It should have been fairly easy, or so I thought!  I submitted documentation from the OC indicating they would be deleting my TL from my CR. The TL was removed from EQ and EX, but not TU, thus my dispute.

Message 5 of 9
dursty87
Established Contributor

You can always call to check the status.  I was just saying to give it another week since it hasn't been quite 30 days since you filed the dispute (+mailing time).  

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The statute requires the CRA to conclude its reinvestigation within 30 days of filing of the dispute, unless you file additional information after filing the original dispute, in which case the reinvestigation must be concluded within 45 days of filing.

The CRA must then mail, or if authorized by the consumer, provide electronic notice, the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation  within 5 business days thereafter.

Processing delays asserted by a CRA are not basis for any extension of thoser periods.

My guess would be that they may be having problems with their electronic referral and response system, known as e-Oscar, and thus are processing manually.

However, as stated, they still must complete their reinvestigatin within 30 days of filing.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed with TU on Tuesday.  I checked Wednesday and had that message.  Today I received an email it was complete.  I believe you got it because there was more than one account.  If you requested an early removal, that was the manual processing that was needed.  It should be done soon so hang in there.  Tomorrow is the 30 day mark.  Just call for peace of mind!  I have learned the reps are easy to talk to and work with.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed 5 TL's with TU about 3 weeks ago then I saw that message this morning. I checked again a few hours laters and my Resolution summary was displayed. 3 of the TL's were deleted, the other 2 TL's were updated

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.