cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU EARLY EXCLUSION SUCCESS & Macy's CLI!!!

tag
iamdetermined
Frequent Contributor

TU EARLY EXCLUSION SUCCESS & Macy's CLI!!!

Hi everyone!

I had 2 baddies recently removed from my TU CR - my score went from 632 to 641. One was ~6 yrs old (2011ish), and the other was about 2 years old (2015).

In the interim, I app'd for AMEX Everyday & was approved - $1K CL!

I already have Cap 1 QS, Cap 1QS1, Macy's, Zales and a CU credit card in my wallet. I also have a LOC with my CU.

I have a bunch of student loans in good standing, and a couple with dings

I have an ACS/WF student loan on my TU CR that was opened 5/2011, and due to be removed 11/2017.

7- 120 day lates

1-90 day late

1-60 day late

Thanks to the forums, I learned about early exclusions, so I took a shot since the removal date is 6 months away.

A little while ago, I called TU and spoke with an awesome gentlemen that confirrms that the account is going to be removed, and I should receive an updated report in 7-10 business days - Yay!!

***Will this old baddie being removed now be on any benefit to my score? Or, is it so old that it is no longer even a factor in scoring....? On a manual review, I know it will look better once it is gone.

***Does anyone know how long it may take after an early exclusion for the score to be updated? (I don't trust their word lol)

I have 1 paid settlement from Fair Collections & Out that is due to fall off in 2019 (SHOULD I TRY TO GW??), and 1 collection that I am going to be paying soon.

Aside from that I have other student loans that are in good standing, and 2 inquiries. No public records. 1 -financed car, and 1 leased car that is being turned in next month.

I am aware that baddies normally effect your credit for 2 years, so I am not expecting my score to jump significantly, but I'll take crumbs until I get to the loaf! lol!

My CCT scores as of 4/25/17: EX 648 - TU 632 - EQ 654 

My CCT scores as of 5/17/17:   EX 648 - TU 641 - EQ 655

Thank you for any assistance!

****UPDATE: Today, I requested & received a Macy's CLI from $1k to $2500 - soft pull Smiley Happy)) 

**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Citi $20k || Macy's $20K || Amex Cash Magnet $1.4k || CO QuickSilver $11,750 || Wells Fargo $9,500 || PayPal MC $8K || Amex ED $5,500 || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $7.5K || Victoria’s Secret $5k || Discover IT $11.9k || Chase $12.5k || HFCU Plat. CC $2K || PenFed $500

*OVERALL CREDIT CARD LIMITS: $163,150*

NLOC $6K
US Alliance LOC $2K
Student Loans: $40k+

FICO 8 - 4/25/17: EQ 648 - EX 654 - TU 632
FICO 8 - 8/27/18: EQ 684 - EX 696 - TU 713
FICO8 1/14/22: EX 713 - EQ 703 -TU 723
FICO 8 4/7/23: EX 713 - EQ 715 -TU 729
FICO 8 4/30/23: EX 733
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU EARLY EXCLUSION SUCCESS & Macy's CLI!!!

@iamdetermined wrote:

Hi everyone!

I had 2 baddies recently removed from my TU CR - my score went from 632 to 641. One was ~6 yrs old (2011ish), and the other was about 2 years old (2015).

In the interim, I app'd for AMEX Everyday & was approved - $1K CL!

I already have Cap 1 QS, Cap 1QS1, Macy's, Zales and a CU credit card in my wallet. I also have a LOC with my CU.

I have a bunch of student loans in good standing, and a couple with dings

I have an ACS/WF student loan on my TU CR that was opened 5/2011, and due to be removed 11/2017.

7- 120 day lates

1-90 day late

1-60 day late

Thanks to the forums, I learned about early exclusions, so I took a shot since the removal date is 6 months away.

A little while ago, I called TU and spoke with an awesome gentlemen that confirrms that the account is going to be removed, and I should receive an updated report in 7-10 business days - Yay!!

***Will this old baddie being removed now be on any benefit to my score? Or, is it so old that it is no longer even a factor in scoring....? On a manual review, I know it will look better once it is gone. 60 day lates+ affect Fico the entire time they are on file. The largest boost in score happens when the last derog is removed.

***Does anyone know how long it may take after an early exclusion for the score to be updated? (I don't trust their word lol) Scores are generated on the fly so any change in info has the potential to change your score.

I have 1 paid settlement from Fair Collections & Out that is due to fall off in 2019 (SHOULD I TRY TO GW??), and 1 collection that I am going to be paying soon. Yes GW is a good idea.

Aside from that I have other student loans that are in good standing, and 2 inquiries. No public records. 1 -financed car, and 1 leased car that is being turned in next month.

I am aware that baddies normally effect your credit for 2 years, so I am not expecting my score to jump significantly, but I'll take crumbs until I get to the loaf! lol!  30 day lates are the only thing that tend to affect Fico scores for only 2 years everything else will affect it the entire time they are on file.

My CCT scores as of 4/25/17: EX 648 - TU 632 - EQ 654 

My CCT scores as of 5/17/17:   EX 648 - TU 641 - EQ 655

Thank you for any assistance!

****UPDATE: Today, I requested & received a Macy's CLI from $1k to $2500 - soft pull Smiley Happy)) 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU EARLY EXCLUSION SUCCESS & Macy's CLI!!!

I also have a collection with Fair Collections & Outsourcing on my report. I've tried to goodwill, but it's been unsuccessful. I've settled my collection with them, and the debt was sent to collections in 2011. It's scheduled to come off of my reports in January 2018 because of age, but I've been trying to see if I can get it off now. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.