cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Early Exclusion - Score increased 68 points!!!

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Re: TU Early Exclusion - Score increased 68 points!!!

How did you file the dispute and what did you say?  I have a charge off on TU that I'd love to get rid of!

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleyjen wrote:

How did you file the dispute and what did you say?  I have a charge off on TU that I'd love to get rid of!

In my experience, TU has always been the easiest to deal with when it comes to removing items from my CR.  I have never called. I've always done online disputes.  I have only ever disputed something that 1) was around 6 months old and eligible for EE, or 2) I had proof that I paid it or that it was satisfied.  

TU has the best selection of reasons to dispute something, including "Item is too old to be on report".  I selected that on the items that were around 6 months from falling off anyway and then I would just put "I am requesting Early Exclusion of this account due to age" in the comment box.  I have had 100% success with this method with TU.

On the Public Records, I just requested that they change the status to show "Paid / Satisfied" and they were deleted instead. Hey, fine by me, especially the ones that were not supposed to come off until 2021.

I have read on here that the CB's are handling public records differently in 2017, i.e. deleting them more frequently in various circumstances.  I tested this last week when I requested deletion of the remaining 3 PR's showing on my Equifax report.  Equifax is notoriously difficult to deal with when it comes to removing things, especially for me.   HOWEVER, in less than 24 hours from the time I submitted my dispute, they deleted all of my PR's!!! Again, 2 of these were not supposed to fall of until 2021.  Because Equifax's website can't handle Google Chrome attachments, I was not able to actually submit my supporting documents and they deleted them all anyway.  As with TU, I actually just wanted them to show as Paid but they were totally removed. I believe I selected "item has been vacated" as the reason as it was the closest on I could find to what I wanted.  

From what I understand, there is also something to do with the way they verify public records.  It has somehow changed and they are not able to verify them with the same accuracy as before. If they can't verify them, they have to remove them.  Someone else may be able to shed more light on this. I read an article on here about it but I can't find it now.  

On the flip side, I also requested that EQ remove my final 2 CO's reporting, set to fall off in April, and they would not do that.  

My score came up 12 points from the PR removal but is still only at 670 because one of those 6.5 old CO's reports as "late" every month when I actually paid it 18 months ago.   So, that is killing my score for now.    Same story with Experian. I have not tried to get my PR's removed from them yet but I will soon.  
Message 22 of 38
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Congrats and thanks for the tips on early exclusion. I had no idea about this. I will be doing this tomorrow. Thank you and the extra info on this 3rd page was the key info I was looking for in the 1st post.

Message 23 of 38
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@haleyjen wrote:

In my experience, TU has always been the easiest to deal with when it comes to removing items from my CR.  I have never called. I've always done online disputes.  I have only ever disputed something that 1) was around 6 months old and eligible for EE, or 2) I had proof that I paid it or that it was satisfied.  

TU has the best selection of reasons to dispute something, including "Item is too old to be on report".  I selected that on the items that were around 6 months from falling off anyway and then I would just put "I am requesting Early Exclusion of this account due to age" in the comment box.  I have had 100% success with this method with TU.

On the Public Records, I just requested that they change the status to show "Paid / Satisfied" and they were deleted instead. Hey, fine by me, especially the ones that were not supposed to come off until 2021.

I have read on here that the CB's are handling public records differently in 2017, i.e. deleting them more frequently in various circumstances.  I tested this last week when I requested deletion of the remaining 3 PR's showing on my Equifax report.  Equifax is notoriously difficult to deal with when it comes to removing things, especially for me.   HOWEVER, in less than 24 hours from the time I submitted my dispute, they deleted all of my PR's!!! Again, 2 of these were not supposed to fall of until 2021.  Because Equifax's website can't handle Google Chrome attachments, I was not able to actually submit my supporting documents and they deleted them all anyway.  As with TU, I actually just wanted them to show as Paid but they were totally removed. I believe I selected "item has been vacated" as the reason as it was the closest on I could find to what I wanted.  

From what I understand, there is also something to do with the way they verify public records.  It has somehow changed and they are not able to verify them with the same accuracy as before. If they can't verify them, they have to remove them.  Someone else may be able to shed more light on this. I read an article on here about it but I can't find it now.  

On the flip side, I also requested that EQ remove my final 2 CO's reporting, set to fall off in April, and they would not do that.  

My score came up 12 points from the PR removal but is still only at 670 because one of those 6.5 old CO's reports as "late" every month when I actually paid it 18 months ago.   So, that is killing my score for now.    Same story with Experian. I have not tried to get my PR's removed from them yet but I will soon.  

Regarding your CO that was paid 18 month ago, do you have documentation of payment sent and/or a confirmation from the creditor. If you can get that cleared up you would received a pretty good bump in score.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two charge off that are scheduled to come off 10/2017 and 9/2017 for TU, I just called twice and was told no on the phone by 2 different supervisors.  Im in the middle of a mortgage so I don't any disputes on my report, but if I go online and do other and put in the comment box that I want to do early exclusion will this be listed on that account as a dispute?  Also, how long did it take after you submitted your request before the item/items were removed ?

Message 25 of 38
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It'll still be listed as a dispute. It depends. With them being 8 and 9 months away from credit reporting exclusion they may not be deleted. TU's time frame is usually 6 months early.
Message 26 of 38
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@rmduhon wrote:
It'll still be listed as a dispute. It depends. With them being 8 and 9 months away from credit reporting exclusion they may not be deleted. TU's time frame is usually 6 months early.

+1

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, I'm new and can't find how to pm. Could you please send me the sameple letter? thanks!!!

@nmjacobs wrote:
I got all of my judgements off even the ones from 2013. Pm me if you want to see the letter I sent.

Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you send me the letter you sent? Please and thank you!

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't send a letter, I called the number listed on my credit report. The person who answered the phone said they didn't do early exclusion & I had to wait 7 years.  So I told her I know you do b/c its been done in the past and then requested to speak to a supervisor.  The supervisor got on the phone and gave me no trouble and deleted the 2 negatives right there on the spot.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.