tag
esme
Regular Contributor

Re: TU FICO Score Jumps!

@PapasWifey wrote:

@namvet wrote:

Knowledge is power.  Congrats!

+1!

Esme, way to go!!!! That is just fantastic. What did your mortgage officer say about that big jump? Were they wide-eyed Smiley Happy?

PapasWifey - we haven't told them yet lol. We have until July to try and make even more progress. I am shooting to get into the 700s by then. If you asked me tw months ago if I thought that was possible, I would've said not in a million years! I can't even believe myself how much our scores have improved in so little time! I'm sure the loan officer would faint if he knew. He sounded super skeptical that I'd be able to increase our scores in time for our loan app in July. And that was with our goal being at 640 minimum! I can't wait to see his face when he pulls it again and we're in the 700s from the 500s LOL!

To the other members who are asking how I did this, I shared this info in the following thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Wow-Averaging-50pts-in-5-wks-NFCU-approved-fo...

Two more things have happened since I posted in the thread above:

1. A Charged-off TL was completely removed from my DH's credit reports.
  2. The last collection on my TU report mysteriously disappeared last week.

Hope that helps!

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@esme wrote:

@PapasWifey wrote:

+1!

Esme, way to go!!!! That is just fantastic. What did your mortgage officer say about that big jump? Were they wide-eyed Smiley Happy?

PapasWifey - we haven't told them yet lol. We have until July to try and make even more progress. I am shooting to get into the 700s by then. If you asked me tw months ago if I thought that was possible, I would've said not in a million years! I can't even believe myself how much our scores have improved in so little time! I'm sure the loan officer would faint if he knew. He sounded super skeptical that I'd be able to increase our scores in time for our loan app in July. And that was with our goal being at 640 minimum! I can't wait to see his face when he pulls it again and we're in the 700s from the 500s LOL!

To the other members who are asking how I did this, I shared this info in the following thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Wow-Averaging-50pts-in-5-wks-NFCU-approved-fo...

Two more things have happened since I posted in the thread above:

1. A Charged-off TL was completely removed from my DH's credit reports.
  2. The last collection on my TU report mysteriously disappeared last week.

Hope that helps!

Esme, you HAVE to share with us the reaction that your loan officer gives LOL. I am so very happy for you and DH for the progress! Was DH just as surprised?

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 21
esme
Regular Contributor

PapasWifey - HAHAHA DH's surprise is quite the understatement. I am also constantly reminding him that any and all new credit cards and/or CLIs he gets in his name as a result of all my hard work actually belongs to me LOL

I will say, though, that after all of this time and effort I've put into raising our scores and prepping for our mortgage application, that there is no way in HELL that I would ever allow myself or my husband to rack up more charges on a credit card than we are able to pay off in full the following month! I just got approved for an unsecured cc with our credit union for $10K two weeks ago, and boy, if this were 6 months ago, that would have meant major T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@esme wrote:

I just got approved for an unsecured cc with our credit union for $10K two weeks ago, and boy, if this were 6 months ago, that would have meant major T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Agreed!  I am hoping to get a decent CL from my CU on a new CC in the next couple months once a few deletions go through.  In the past, I would've maxed that thing out pretty quickly.  It sure must be nice though to have $10k so you can spend $500 or so without using too much utilization when it reports.  You always have to be so careful with the low limit cards to make sure they are paid before they report.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI    The score you purchase from myfico and the score pulled from a mortgage lender can vary significantly. Before you get your hopes too high, check with your lender to make sure it has changed. Otherwise, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Message 15 of 21
esme
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@esme wrote:

I just got approved for an unsecured cc with our credit union for $10K two weeks ago, and boy, if this were 6 months ago, that would have meant major T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Agreed!  I am hoping to get a decent CL from my CU on a new CC in the next couple months once a few deletions go through.  In the past, I would've maxed that thing out pretty quickly.  It sure must be nice though to have $10k so you can spend $500 or so without using too much utilization when it reports.  You always have to be so careful with the low limit cards to make sure they are paid before they report.

Yes! I have NEVER had a card wth a limit so high (for good reason) but I have been so thankful lately. I still have an emergency fund, but it's nice to know that if one of the cars breaks down and needs a lot of repairs, that I have a credit card I can use without maxing out! It is a totally new and amazing feeling!

Message 16 of 21
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Esme, be sure to Opt out so that the mysterious collection does not appear again just before closing. It is always a good idea to Opt out when you are applying for a mortgage

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 17 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI    The score you purchase from myfico and the score pulled from a mortgage lender can vary significantly. Before you get your hopes too high, check with your lender to make sure it has changed. Otherwise, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

The EQ FICO would match and there's a slim chance the TU FICO would match. But in all likelihood, OP is looking at 2 different FICO versions as you pointed out.

OP, I still bet there was a large-double digit gain. The differences between TU98 and TU04 were mixed for DW and I. My TU04 was 10 points lower than TU98 on the same day. Her TU04 was 30 points higher than her TU98 when pulled the same day. That would be awesome if that was your case; your DH's TU FICO would be in the 700s then. For a good number of folks, though, TU04 is lower by as much as 30 or so points. In any case, your numbers are still there. Definitely don't rest.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news!!  I love hearing success stories!

Message 19 of 21
esme
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The EQ FICO would match and there's a slim chance the TU FICO would match. But in all likelihood, OP is looking at 2 different FICO versions as you pointed out.

OP, I still bet there was a large-double digit gain. The differences between TU98 and TU04 were mixed for DW and I. My TU04 was 10 points lower than TU98 on the same day. Her TU04 was 30 points higher than her TU98 when pulled the same day. That would be awesome if that was your case; your DH's TU FICO would be in the 700s then. For a good number of folks, though, TU04 is lower by as much as 30 or so points. In any case, your numbers are still there. Definitely don't rest.

Thanks, Ilecs. Good to know. I checked the copy of the report that BoA pulled and they pulled a TU04 score. If what you're saying is true, and our scores would be 30 points lower, worst case scenario our scores are 656 and 652. Still above the 640 minimum. Whew!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.