cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Fall off and what happened when I called...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Fall off and what happened when I called...

I have a collection with a fall off date on TU showing 3/2015.  The debt fell off EQ and EX already a few days ago and I am chomping at the bit to get my mortgage pre approval. I called a few times to get an early exclusion always getting the NO WE DONT THAT ANSWER... today i called and was told to open an "too old investigation"...and it will be reviewed and updated within 30 days. 

Am I screwed??????????/

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Fall off and what happened when I called...

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a collection with a fall off date on TU showing 3/2015.  The debt fell off EQ and EX already a few days ago and I am chomping at the bit to get my mortgage pre approval. I called a few times to get an early exclusion always getting the NO WE DONT THAT ANSWER... today i called and was told to open an "too old investigation"...and it will be reviewed and updated within 30 days. 

Am I screwed??????????/

TU refers to their internal process of review for Early Exclusion as a "dispute."   This has lead to some confusion, as some members have attempted to file online disputes with other CRAs based on this information.   However, the Early Exclusion is, essentially, a GW request of the CRAs.

Recommendations or advocation of disputing vaild information on your CRs is against our Forum guidelines on Credit Repair Discussion.   We can only recommend that you call or write to the CRAs to request this.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.