cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Fico score is 30 pts higher than EQ with more derogs...?

tag
samahok
Contributor

TU Fico score is 30 pts higher than EQ with more derogs...?

Good morning everyone!  Long time creeper, first time poster!  Thanks to all of the knowledgeable advice that I have read from these forums I have raised my scores almost 70 pts on my TU and 50 pts on my EQ so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone!!  I was so discouraged when I pulled my scores for the first time, but after reading about everyone else's stories from the board I was inspired and began my journey to rebuilding my credit.  Since starting my journey, I have raised my scores from the mid 500s to 633 TU fico and 598 EQ fico!! 

My question today is why there would be such a huge difference between my scores, because according my TU report that I purchased here, I have more derogatory marks on my TU report compared to my EQ report.  Both are reports look almost identical, except that my TU report shows a paid collection account and my EQ report shows no collections.  Could this be due to "rebucketing" perhaps?  I was just curious as to why there could be such a large difference when they are reporting basically the same info, and why my higher fico score shows more negatives than my lower fico score.

Thank you in advance for any insight anyone may have, and thank you for inspiring me to be responsible with credit!!

-Sam

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: TU Fico score is 30 pts higher than EQ with more derogs...?

Welcome to the forums!

First, let me congratulate you on improving your scores. Those differences are just some of the quirks in the FICO algorithms. As each CRA has its unique scoring formula, even identical reports can result in different scores. Case in point, my EQ and TU reports are completely identical, yet my TU FICO is consistently 15-20 points lower than my EQ score. It's possible that your reports could be in different buckets, but differences of that size are not all that uncommon.

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The exact same reports will normally have different scores due to the FICO model that is used for each CRA.

Message 3 of 4
samahok
Contributor

Thanks for your response!  I guess at this point, it doesnt really matter all that much, as long as my scores keep going in a positive direction I'll be happy!!  I cant wait until I get all three of my scores up to the mid 6s and beyone!!  I couldnt have made any of this progress without the valuable insight that Ive learned through these message boards!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.