Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Has Locked Me Out "Forever"

tag
CarlyK82
New Contributor

Re: TU Has Locked Me Out "Forever"

@starry1 wrote:

The BBB allows you to upload supporting documentation when you initiate a complaint.  I'd type up a letter with all the details and upload it.

I wish I had mistakenly been declared dead, then I wouldn't have had to file for bk.Smiley LOL

I have it typed up and all ready. Hopefully when I get my email confirmation that I filed my complaint, I can hurry up and add this timeline along with it.

Officially in the garden...for like, EVER (or at least a really long time)

Starting Score: TU: 636 EQ: ?? EX: ??
Current Score:TU: 641 EQ: 643 EX: ??
Goal Score: 700s Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

IMO, there seems to be more going on with the CRA.  I have NEVER heard of anyones file being permanently locked.  You verify who you are and that should take care of it.

I would file a complaint with the FTC and your states AG.  The AG may not be able to do anything but maybe point you in the right direction.

As stated above, it is federally mandated you get a free copy of your CR from each CRA every 12 months.

Message 12 of 30
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

To bolster your case, I would suggest making two types of requests that are clearly consumer rights under the FCRA.

1. order your free annual credit report from annualcreditreport.com, which is their means for complying with the statutory mandate under the FCRA that you are entitled to a free report from each CRA once every 12 months.

2.Send a request under the provisions of FCRA 609(a)(1), which stipulates that the CRA must provide "all information in the consumer's file at the time of the request."

Include the processing fee authorized in that section, which is currently $11.00 along with proof of your identity.

If they decline to provide your report under either of those statutory provisions, you have a clearly documentated violation of specific sections of the FCRA.

The next step would be either/or a formal FTC complaint, or simply filing your own civil action for violation of the FCRA.

Message 13 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, prior to having MPM, did you subscribe to them before? While somewhat related due to being a TU resell, EIDT has a rule you cannot sign on with them again for a year I think if you had them before and cancelled on them. Weird rule but true.

Are you able to pull from other CMSs like CreditKarma or myFICO? If you can, then it's not a TU issue.

Message 14 of 30
diabla
Regular Contributor

File a complaint with the CFPB immediately! The CRAs are responding to them and you WILL get results!

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/the-bureau/

I have filed complaints with them and got results quickly!

Message 15 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

+1

To bolster your case, I would suggest making two types of requests that are clearly consumer rights under the FCRA.

1. order your free annual credit report from annualcreditreport.com, which is their means for complying with the statutory mandate under the FCRA that you are entitled to a free report from each CRA once every 12 months.

2.Send a request under the provisions of FCRA 609(a)(1), which stipulates that the CRA must provide "all information in the consumer's file at the time of the request."

Include the processing fee authorized in that section, which is currently $11.00 along with proof of your identity.

If they decline to provide your report under either of those statutory provisions, you have a clearly documentated violation of specific sections of the FCRA.

The next step would be either/or a formal FTC complaint, or simply filing your own civil action for violation of the FCRA.

I wish this would've happened earling, because I make it a habit to pull my annual credit report at the end of the year, so I pulled it on 12/31/12, that morning, before I had even received the setup info for MPM. (Boo, if only I would've waited)

So, I guess I will have to go through under option 2 and see what happens.
Thank you for that tip!

Message 16 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

@llecs wrote:

OP, prior to having MPM, did you subscribe to them before? While somewhat related due to being a TU resell, EIDT has a rule you cannot sign on with them again for a year I think if you had them before and cancelled on them. Weird rule but true.

Are you able to pull from other CMSs like CreditKarma or myFICO? If you can, then it's not a TU issue.

I did subscribe to MPM, but again, that was in 2007, when I was watching my credit closely, in a nice little legal battle with LVNV and their other companies at that time. I ended up unsubscribing prior to the end of 2007. Since then, I would get my annual free credit report and that was about it. I have been using USAAs service for about a year and a half, just to have it., but I wasn't pulling daily.

I have been using CreditKarma. I did pull it this morning prior to this all happening, so I guess that tomorrow will be my test. I should attempt maybe a myFICO and see what happens.

Message 17 of 30
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Robert spelled it out for you.

Follow his advice, and STAT.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 18 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

@diabla wrote:

File a complaint with the CFPB immediately! The CRAs are responding to them and you WILL get results!

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/the-bureau/

I have filed complaints with them and got results quickly!

I've just done so! We shall see what becomes of this because I really think that this is unaccpetable.

Message 19 of 30
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

By chance, were you pulling your credit daily or close to it on MPM?  If I remember right, TU blacklisted some users over daily pulling because they were achieving Bumpage (inadvertantly or not).  That said, I thought the product was TrueCredit though...not MPM.       

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.