Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Has Locked Me Out "Forever"

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Has Locked Me Out "Forever"

@visorboy1974 wrote:

By chance, were you pulling your credit daily or close to it on MPM?  If I remember right, TU blacklisted some users over daily pulling because they were achieving Bumpage (inadvertantly or not).  That said, I thought the product was TrueCredit though...not MPM.       

True dat....it was TC that did that, and MPM is a TC resell. Again for OP, the beef is with the product and not TU.

Message 21 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

By chance, were you pulling your credit daily or close to it on MPM?  If I remember right, TU blacklisted some users over daily pulling because they were achieving Bumpage (inadvertantly or not).  That said, I thought the product was TrueCredit though...not MPM.       

I am just about sure at that time I was pulling my credit daily, just because of LVNV and cleaning up in general, so it was only natural that I would. I am thinking that I am one of those blacklisted people.

MPM offers the TrueCredit platform, service, whatever it is, but when you go to set up an account, it is the TransUnion form that you use, and if you attempt to use the same username that you used for TU (such as pulling a Free Credit Report), it wouldn't let you use that.

On a few side notes, I was able to pull MyFico last night (which lead me to have a way higher TU FICO than I had thought I had) and approval for the Barclays NFL Card and I upgraded my membership for giggles at USAA for daily pulls, and was able to pull that without issue as well.

Secondly, I googled the number that I was told to call that was the "magic number" of fixing issues, and I came across a thread that someone else was given from these forums that had the same issue, well along the lines. Don't know what ever really happened and what the outcome was though.

Officially in the garden...for like, EVER (or at least a really long time)

Starting Score: TU: 636 EQ: ?? EX: ??
Current Score:TU: 641 EQ: 643 EX: ??
Goal Score: 700s Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I'm glad you are able to pull from the usaa service. Seems as though this is better anywhere... you can always request your free annual report by mail.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

True dat....it was TC that did that, and MPM is a TC resell. Again for OP, the beef is with the product and not TU.

Correct me if I am wrong...I know that MPM provides the TC service. To get the account unlocked, I contacted the TC number that they give you, so no big deal, which then got escalated to I don't know, some TC entitty that handles that type of stuff. It didn't work, go to cancel MPM, get a number to what appears to be the TU Executive Customer Service line (this I cannot yet confirm 100%, as I just did a google search on the number and that is what it said).

It is my understanding that TC is a TU thing so I am hoping that by getting fussy with TU, they would have to handle this as it is their thing.

It's so confusing and really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but trying to figure that out nonetheless.

Message 24 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

Well, I did get an answer to the reason why I cannot use any TC monitoring nor be able to obtain my credit report via TU online. Basically their "investigation" stated that I was abusing the credit scoring system (probably referring to the B*). However, I don't see how this could even be possible, as during 2007, I subscribed to a service that allowed me to pull my credit report daily, additionally I was in the process of super serious rebuilding at that time. I had several disputes occuring at that time, one of which involved a legal settlement with a collection agency who had all of their subsidaries reporting on the same account any time I would submit documentation or a dispute about it.

So why is it that you can pay to have it pulled every day, especially when you are going throguh extreme credit repair and rebuilding, and legal stuff with a specific collection agency, but then get dinged for abuse? I don't get it. Then shouldn't everyone get into trouble for pulling their reports daily?

The BBB asked me if I want to accept TUs response. I don't, of course, but I just don't know what to say to them. That is crap.

Message 25 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

So they flagged your account for "bumpage", yes, unlike other places, we can use that word here.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 26 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

So they flagged your account for "bumpage", yes, unlike other places, we can use that word here.  Smiley Happy

Yup, pretty much! But at that point in time, I couldn't even qualify for a secured card. My FICO scores were around the mid to upper 400s, so apping was out of the question at that point in time and the only other people pulling my CRs were the CAs.

But I can still pull via USAA, I was able to get MyFICO so whatever. I will respond to their letter and politely tell them "to go eat a cookie" and then maybe some wonderful class action lawsuit will come along in the future about this nonsense. I shall just mail my requests along to them, but when I get denied credit or something happens, I will barrage them with "give me my reports."

(on a side note, I try not to be naughty and use bad words, LOL) Better safe than sorry!!!!

Message 27 of 30
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

So they are punishing you because their credit system is flawed. That is some bull crap.

How can you abuse a product you paid for and using as advertised.

Message 28 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@tooleman694 wrote:

So they are punishing you because their credit system is flawed. That is some bull crap.

TC resells (any TransUnion Interactive product) have to pay fees to the CRAs each time you pull. Some of us are OCD on CRs (nothing wrong with that) and the more we pull, the more money the CMS loses. They figure X number of people will pull X times a day, but along the way the miscalculate and lose $$$$ with each pull. Some wised up like Experian and jacked up prices by double or triple, but even then it appears they are losing out; otherwise they wouldn't have limited the pulls like they did. Not defending their practice. Shame on them for not knowing their customers.

Here's some classic light reading of past threads that dealt with cancelled services:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/New-twist-on-the-TC-banning-story/m-p/109737/h...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/TrueCredit-Users-Accounts-Terminated-for-quot-...

Message 29 of 30
CarlyK82
New Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@tooleman694 wrote:

TC resells (any TransUnion Interactive product) have to pay fees to the CRAs each time you pull. Some of us are OCD on CRs (nothing wrong with that) and the more we pull, the more money the CMS loses. They figure X number of people will pull X times a day, but along the way the miscalculate and lose $$$$ with each pull. Some wised up like Experian and jacked up prices by double or triple, but even then it appears they are losing out; otherwise they wouldn't have limited the pulls like they did. Not defending their practice. Shame on them for not knowing their customers.

Here's some classic light reading of past threads that dealt with cancelled services:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/New-twist-on-the-TC-banning-story/m-p/109737/h...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/TrueCredit-Users-Accounts-Terminated-for-quot-...

Thank you for those links! I don't know what ever happened or what became of everyone who was in that thread. But it is good info that had terms posted, screenshots from their site & such.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.