Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Issue - Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Issue - Accounts

Here's the deal....was looking through my reports and trying to figure out why there's a 20-30 pt difference from TU to the other two bureaus....

Come to find out that TU didn't report my student loan as being closed 4 years ago and still shows a $3500 balance AND TU also didnt show that I have a much longer credit history and had a Citi card way back in 2001 that was opened then and paid off....

My question is, are these things that are worth disputing and would they raise my CR much? I would gather the adding of 6 years of credit history could do wonders but I wasnt completely sure so I thought I would ask.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Issue - Accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the deal....was looking through my reports and trying to figure out why there's a 20-30 pt difference from TU to the other two bureaus....

Come to find out that TU didn't report my student loan as being closed 4 years ago and still shows a $3500 balance AND TU also didnt show that I have a much longer credit history and had a Citi card way back in 2001 that was opened then and paid off....

My question is, are these things that are worth disputing and would they raise my CR much? I would gather the adding of 6 years of credit history could do wonders but I wasnt completely sure so I thought I would ask.

Hi there.

The CRA's can only report the information sent to them by creditors. You'll need to contact the creditors about this and see if they can help you. I'm no fan of CRA's but in this instance thet are innocent IMO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When was the Citi card paid off? It should show for 10 years after it was closed. If this was a short-lived card for you, then your 10 years may be up.

Message 3 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

If it was my issue I would dispute with TU on the student loan issue.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

If it was my issue I would dispute with TU on the student loan issue.

^^ fully plan on doing this when I get off work....

I just hope they are ok w/ just my name and social and the company the loan was through....as I dont have the account number....(this was paid of 4 years ago)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.