Did you mean: 

TU Plummets to 639!

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Plummets to 639!

@CS800 wrote:

Andrew,

You took the initial hit for the AAoA. AS someone mentioned when you're rebuilding, your score is very dynamic and possible rebucketing.

I took a 31 point hit on my EQ when my 4 new cards reported. Only 23 on TU and 26 on EX

But once the cards start reporting a history etc, your score will go up faster and surpass the original starting point.

+2349348

Seriously Andrew, don't sweat it.  This is completely normal, even completely expected: new inquiries, new credit with virtually no payment history on it, change in your AAoA, and a probable rebucketing.  Whenever you take on new credit / debt obligations, FICO is going to whack you because you haven't established that you can handle the increased lines.  It's just a fact of the system that you're going to go in steps up and down, but if you keep at it, your overall trend will be upward and that's the goal all of us want.

3 months to a rewards card might be stretching a little bit, but six?  You'll likely be right where you need to be.

        
Message 11 of 12
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Re: TU Plummets to 639!

Thanks every one for putting things in perspective. I feel much better now. I'll keep cleaning my reports, making my payments on-time, and I'll get to where I want to be by summer time.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.