Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Removed Judgment!

tag
Threeof5
New Contributor

TU Removed Judgment!

As a result, my TU score went up 40 points!

Now if Equifax would be so kind...

Starting 12/27/16 FICO Score 8 EQ 645 TU 643 EX 618
Current 6/27/17 FICO Score 8 EQ 797 TU 804 EX 782

Goal 740+ ACHIEVED 4/5/17 FICO Score 8 EQ 776 TU 762 EX 748
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Removed Judgment!

Congrats.

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Why, to the best of your knowledge, was the judgment removed from your TU report?

It is common for one CRA to remove a judgment or other public record information simply because their updated search fails to find it.

Was there any additional action, such as vacature by the  judgment court, that led to the removal from your TU report, or did it simply disappear?

Message 3 of 10
Threeof5
New Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Why, to the best of your knowledge, was the judgment removed from your TU report?

It is common for one CRA to remove a judgment or other public record information simply because their updated search fails to find it.

Was there any additional action, such as vacature by the  judgment court, that led to the removal from your TU report, or did it simply disappear?

It wasn't vacated per ce, but it's no longer searchable in the county court records. It was PIF four years ago. EX already dropped it, and I recently put in disputes with TU and EQ saying the records are not longer found. I guess TU agrees. I'm sure it's listed in LexisNexis somewhere but I've read some of the vendors used by the CRAs don't search that deeply for it.

Starting 12/27/16 FICO Score 8 EQ 645 TU 643 EX 618
Current 6/27/17 FICO Score 8 EQ 797 TU 804 EX 782

Goal 740+ ACHIEVED 4/5/17 FICO Score 8 EQ 776 TU 762 EX 748
Message 4 of 10
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

My son had one on EQ that wasn't his. He disputed it, EQ checked with LN, and it was deleted the next day. 

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a Tax Lien that was reported in 2009, paid off in 2013. I disputed for removal to the 3 CRAs and only EX removed it. I tried 2-3 times with TU and EQ, but they won't remove it. When would it fall off? 7 yrs from 2009 OR 7 yrs from when it was released, 2013? My credit report with TU and EQ is showing "no derogatory remark in the past 2 yrs", but it's showing I have a public record. EX completely deleted any record of it way back in 2015. That's why its the only bureau where my score is in the 700's.

Message 6 of 10
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have a Tax Lien that was reported in 2009, paid off in 2013. I disputed for removal to the 3 CRAs and only EX removed it. I tried 2-3 times with TU and EQ, but they won't remove it. When would it fall off? 7 yrs from 2009 OR 7 yrs from when it was released, 2013? My credit report with TU and EQ is showing "no derogatory remark in the past 2 yrs", but it's showing I have a public record. EX completely deleted any record of it way back in 2015. That's why its the only bureau where my score is in the 700's.

State or federal tax lien?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heavyjay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

State Tax Lien. California to be exact. It's all showing released to all CRAs. i am considering calling Lexington Law and see if they can help me with it. Suggestions?

Message 8 of 10
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heavyjay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

State Tax Lien. California to be exact. It's all showing released to all CRAs. i am considering calling Lexington Law and see if they can help me with it. Suggestions?

This is about all I couldfind on this. If the lien wasn't filed in error it looks like you're stuck with it until 2019.

http://www.greenpath.com/university/credit/why-account-still-my-credit-report

California:

• Paid or released tax liens remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date released, or 10 years from the date filed.
  • Unpaid tax liens stay on your credit report for 10 years from the date filed.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heavyjay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heavyjay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is about all I couldfind on this. If the lien wasn't filed in error it looks like you're stuck with it until 2019.

http://www.greenpath.com/university/credit/why-account-still-my-credit-report

California:

• Paid or released tax liens remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date released, or 10 years from the date filed.
  • Unpaid tax liens stay on your credit report for 10 years from the date filed.

Thanks so much for this !!! Will research what else I can do.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.