Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Removing Remarks From Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Removing Remarks From Accounts

Yesterday, I happened to sign into my Credit Karma account and noticed changes to my TU account. There were 9 different accounts that had different variations of "closed" remarks. Some were closed at my request, some were C/O and debt sold to another party etc. All of these remarks were removed good, bad or indifferent...

Has anyone ever seen this and should it make any difference to scoring?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Removing Remarks From Accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Yesterday, I happened to sign into my Credit Karma account and noticed changes to my TU account. There were 9 different accounts that had different variations of "closed" remarks. Some were closed at my request, some were C/O and debt sold to another party etc. All of these remarks were removed good, bad or indifferent...

Don't ever assume Credit Karma is showing you the full picture.  The only 100% true and accurate representation of your reports is a paper report from the actual bureaus.  Credit monitoring sites and apps vary sometimes, and even glitches on the sites can temporarily mask information.

The remarks have no effect on your score.  They're not considered in the FICO algorithm at all.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @ABCD!

I definitely don't take Credit Karma at face value on most occasions (sometimes they have it right). That said, there were so many of them, was just curious if it would cause anything good or bad from a lender's point of view.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really wouldn't matter.  A manual review doesn't really care if an account remarks "closed" even.  So those remarks shouldn't have any effect positive or negative.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m finding something similar.  I sent a letter disputing balances of accounts IIB.  They received it about 12/04 and said the investigation should be resolved Jan 4th.  When I look in CK, I see they have made changes to wording like “Wage Earner” which is not what I disputed and has nothing to due with my dispute.  I’ve seen other changes or updating that I did not initiate.  I hope these changes are their idea of a resolution to my dispute.  They are simply adding irrevelant comments.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I noticed the same thing from TU. For me the remarks where from my walmart card that changed to a MC. the old remark just said closed now it said closed and transfered.

I dont expect any changes in scoring.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.