Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Score vs EQ, EX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Score vs EQ, EX?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hubby just got approved for a Discover card with a 690 EX (in Texas) so it might be possible. Might be a lower limit though.

Well, I just went ahead and jumped...and was approved for $1000 CL. I feel better about my wallet now! Thanks to everyone!Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

MY Exp was the lowest for a while, then TU took over the trophy. Recently, EQ became the lowest, then TU jumped up as the highest score. It all depends, as others said.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been noticing in people's sigs on here that TU scores can be higher than EQ or EX. So far, 8 months post-BK, TU is at 603, just updated, compared to EQ and EX being 663 and 668. Will TU catch up? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Its different for everyone. TU was my highest, now its my middle score. 

Hi, thanks! It's so weird that TU doesn't seem consistent from person to person in relation to EQ and EX. Oh well, I'll just have to figure out how to make TU like me! I actually checked and was eligible as of today to pull my annual CRs since I pulled on 7/8/15 last prior to filing BK last year. Thought I had a little further to go, but I'll take it! Pulled both TU and EQ (had already pulled EX) and everything looks just fine. BK accts reporting correctly 0 balance/included in BK, so that is good.

Why would it? Everyones files are different, and each bureau is different in what gets reported to them. AND each bureau's FICO scoring is tailored to them, so there is no reason at all to think there should be any sort of consistent relationship to EQ and EX from one person to another.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been noticing in people's sigs on here that TU scores can be higher than EQ or EX. So far, 8 months post-BK, TU is at 603, just updated, compared to EQ and EX being 663 and 668. Will TU catch up? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Hi, thanks! It's so weird that TU doesn't seem consistent from person to person in relation to EQ and EX. Oh well, I'll just have to figure out how to make TU like me! I actually checked and was eligible as of today to pull my annual CRs since I pulled on 7/8/15 last prior to filing BK last year. Thought I had a little further to go, but I'll take it! Pulled both TU and EQ (had already pulled EX) and everything looks just fine. BK accts reporting correctly 0 balance/included in BK, so that is good.

Why would it? Everyones files are different, and each bureau is different in what gets reported to them. AND each bureau's FICO scoring is tailored to them, so there is no reason at all to think there should be any sort of consistent relationship to EQ and EX from one person to another.

Well, one would think the differences would be somewhat proportional, just rationally thinking about it. But, hey, I'm new, and never claimed to understand credit scoring. That's why I'm here. There is a way to offer insight without attacking, even in a small way, someone's thoughts. Do appreciate the info though....

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, one would think the differences would be somewhat proportional, just rationally thinking about it. But, hey, I'm new, and never claimed to understand credit scoring. That's why I'm here. There is a way to offer insight without attacking, even in a small way, someone's thoughts. Do appreciate the info though....

Not attacking - just explaining.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.