Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Won't Allow Me To View Online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Won't Allow Me To View Online

Up until this past week I have been able to dispute, order, view my credit report from Transunion on their site now there site tells me I cannot view online, why is this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Re: TU Won't Allow Me To View Online

Call them and find out. Smiley Wink

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Up until this past week I have been able to dispute, order, view my credit report from Transunion on their site now there site tells me I cannot view online, why is this?

Sometimes they do this when you've done something they don't like.  For example, you can use the dispute process to obtain a free credit disclosure.  Some people do this several times per month, yet never file a legitimate dispute.  TU will block you for that.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That definetly isn't my case, will they do this for submitting too many disputes?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That definetly isn't my case, will they do this for submitting too many disputes?

I would hope not, but I am not sure.

The only time I have had experience with  TU prohibiting online access in any form was when a couple of individuals were using the free report that you can pull to initiate a dispute only to see their soft inquiries and then ultimately not following through on a dispute.  I think after half a dozen times or so per certain period of time it automatically locks you out. 

That was a hard case to solve because when you call TU you ultimately reach their overseas call center and they are clueless.  If you get it escalated to a supervisor in the States, they pass the buck and blame TrueCredit.  Then you get TrueCredit's overseas call center -- again incompetent staff -- and, if lucky, another Stateside supervisor who will then ultimately blame TransUnion.  Basically, it's the proverbial monkey / football scenario.  Give it a shot, though, and maybe your luck will be better.

Message 5 of 6
credit_questons
Established Member

The same thing happened to me. I think I submitted to many disputes. Once the disputes are done they have to give you a copy of your new updated CR with the results of the investigation so I'm just being patient.

I have disputes with experian and equifax and can still view my reports online and/or submit additional disputes as I want. They update me regarding each item disputed. It looks like TU is waiting until they investigate all 8 items.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.