Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU and AFNI

tag
FreedomTrain
Contributor

TU and AFNI

So this what is going on. DV Afni no response then sent the second letter to remove no response. Sent TU copies of everything CMRRR, and the letters I sent. They responded by the standard “Our records show that your creditor(s) previously verified as accurate the items that are listed below. Therefore, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we consider this dispute frivolous and will not reinvestigate the item(s) unless you can provide court papers or a recent, authentic letter from the creditors that explains what information should be updated.”  I did not ask them to verify I sent them proof that they did not do what was required. So what now?
Thank You
Think Ahead of Time.......

TU: 590 EX: 521 EQ: 599 08/06/2008
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU and AFNI

Yes-- that shows what you've sent them.

Some would say file suit......for me, I just wanted things to be accurate and my report to be right.

My next step would be filing complaints with BBB, AG, and FTC. Then if nothing happened, I would sue.

Some would say just sue.

Your choice. Just make sure if you take the time, money, and energy to sue you have a solid case and can prove what you are claiming.

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with AFNI hasn't been all bad.

I sent them a DV for a Bellsouth acct and the responded with a letter that my Charter Com account was PIF.

In my opinion that means they can not verify the Bellsouth acct.

Has AFNI sent you any responses to your DV requests? I received mine within 15 days.

If you don't mind could you post a copy of your DV letters that you have sent to AFNI and we can compare it to mine. OH and the address you used ... I used

P O Box 3427, Bloomington, IL 61702-3427

but technically you are supposed to use what is listed on your CR.

I hope you can get this worked out!

Message 2 of 8
FreedomTrain
Contributor

I sent the standard DV that you would find on here. No never responded to any of my letters. By my state(Texas) statues they must or remove it. They have done neither. I don't know what to do report to BBB, AG and The FTC?
Thank You

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send an ITS letter to TU with all the information and giving them one week to delete.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

FreedomTrain wrote:
I sent the standard DV that you would find on here. No never responded to any of my letters. By my state(Texas) statues they must or remove it. They have done neither. I don't know what to do report to BBB, AG and The FTC?

I would file a complaint with those three agencies.

In your complaint to the BBB, cite the Texas law that states they must respond within 30 days or remove.

You can also file suit against the CA if you want to. I'd get me a good paper trail first.

As far as filing suit against TU, I doubt you'd have much luck. Yes, you provided them with proof that you mailed the CA a letter. TU doesn't care about state law that CAs have to follow, they(TU) don't have to follow it. You didn't provide proof that the CA didn't respond or the copy of the letter you provided was the same letter you sent to the CA.

I'd attack the CA.

Message 5 of 8
FreedomTrain
Contributor

I'd get me a good paper trail first. What exactly do you mean? I do have the letters,GC,and receipts that I sent the CA. Does this constitute paper trail Sidewinder?
Thank You

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes-- that shows what you've sent them.

Some would say file suit......for me, I just wanted things to be accurate and my report to be right.

My next step would be filing complaints with BBB, AG, and FTC. Then if nothing happened, I would sue.

Some would say just sue.

Your choice. Just make sure if you take the time, money, and energy to sue you have a solid case and can prove what you are claiming.

Message 7 of 8
FreedomTrain
Contributor

Thank you Sidewinder that is my main concern is to get things correct and rather do it than sue. I will file complaints tomorrow.
Thank You

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.