Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU collection datapoint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU collection datapoint

I know FICO weights everyone's report differently depending on what's in it, so my results aren't going to be the exact same as anyone else's, but given the common questions about impact of a collection being deleted, I figured I'd give a TU data point.

Had a $2k collection deleted this week. Score went up 30 points on TU, from 627 to 657. I still have a $8k charge off from 2012 and a bunch of lates in 2012 and 2013, but the rest of my report is clean.

On a side note, the collection was also deleted off my EQ report, but nothing else has posted that would trigger a myFICO score update there, so I don't know what impact it's going to have. I'd love it if there was a similar 30 point bump, but I doubt it.

4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: TU collection datapoint

Thanks for the data and as you stated, every profile will give somewhat different results.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the score increase.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 3 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

How old was the collection? Seems my research shows the newer the more points you get from deletion . Congrats on th 30 pts.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was from 2013. I'd be very interested to see what the difference would have been if it had been from any other year in the 7 year window...but I'm glad I only had the one collection to deal with. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.