Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU disspute

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

TU disspute

Has anyone disputed multiple things on TU and when you went to check the status, its showing 1 or 2 of 3 (for example)  right away or basically the next morning after you started the dispute, and what were the results?  Long story short, I have 3 CA on TU and EQ and just 1 on EX (all IIB) but I called to GW and both companies told me I needed to "dispute" it with the CB and request deletion...So I did that.  TU came back with 2 of 3 completed like the next morning.  I would assume that is bad sign?  Those 2 are slated to fall off my reports in JAN 2016....the other 1 is slated to fall off in JUN of 2016...Thanks everyone!

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU disspute

A dispute requires documentation of some inaccuracy.

If no inaccuracy is asserted, then your dispute can be dismissed wiithout any referral to the furnisher, or any need for reinvestigation by the CRA.

It appears, since you requested a GW deletion, that there is not a specific inaccuracy in their reporting, and  you are requesting their voluntary deletion.

Is this a request based on having paid the debt?

I would speculate that the quick resolution of your "dispute" was based on the CRA finding no assertion of inaccuracy.

CRA policy is that furnishers not delete based on satisfaction of the debt, so if that is your scenario, the CRA had not requirment to forward your dispute to the furnisher.

Message 2 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

oh I understand...believe me, I was shocked when they told me that I had to do it that way..I stressed to both companies that there is nothing wrong with how it reports, and they were like whatever...do a dispute with the CB and have them delete it.  I had to call in EX and the guy helping me said well it sounds like they agreed to delete it.  I said that the words were, we can't do anything with this account/its out of our hands...and do a dispute with the CB and ask them to delete it.  Either way, I don't expect them to be deleted early...and if not...whatev...2 of them will be gone by JAN 2016 and 1 by JUN 2016...then I will be CA free....They were IIB accounts.  Most of my CA (prior to my BK) deleted by themselves...

CCD Util 35%

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they were IIB, then the BK overshadows them anyway. You may see a small increase, but I wouldn't count on it.

Message 4 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

sounds good...I figured I wouldn't see a whole bunch, and that is honestly ok....It will be 1 step closer to a cleaner CR..Thanks yall for the responds...

CCD Util 35%

Message 5 of 8
DE2TX
Established Member

@RobertEG wrote:

A dispute requires documentation of some inaccuracy.

If no inaccuracy is asserted, then your dispute can be dismissed without any referral to the furnisher, or any need for reinvestigation by the CRA.

It appears, since you requested a GW deletion, that there is not a specific inaccuracy in their reporting, and  you are requesting their voluntary deletion.

Is this a request based on having paid the debt?

I would speculate that the quick resolution of your "dispute" was based on the CRA finding no assertion of inaccuracy.

CRA policy is that furnishers not delete based on satisfaction of the debt, so if that is your scenario, the CRA had not requirement to forward your dispute to the furnisher.

A dispute requires the CRA's to notify the furnisher of the dispute and to provide the furnisher with any information they have regarding the dispute, but no obligation is upon the consumer to provide any type of documentation or proof of any type of inaccuracy in order to file a dispute. The exception to this would be if the CRA's determine a dispute to be frivolous or irrelevant in which case the CRA's have the obligation to notify the consumer of their decision.

Since, in the OP's case, the CRA's would not know of any type of PFD agreement they could not fail to forward the dispute and their failure would be a FCRA violation. (And even if they knew of the PFD they would still have the obligation to forward the dispute unless they had reasonable grounds to believe the dispute was frivolous - which they would not necessarily know).

§ 1681i(a)(1)

§ 1681i(a)(2)

§ 1681i(a)(3)
§ 1681n(a)

§ 1681p

Message 6 of 8
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Thanks again everyone!

CCD Util 35%

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 611(a)(3)(A) stipulates that a dispute that lacks sufficient information to investigate the disputed information is a frivolous or irrelevant dispute, and may te terminated without a reinvestigation,

The CRA must identify the information required to conduct the investigation.

Any dispute that fails to identify an inaccuracy or provide adequate information to permit investigation of the asserted inaccuracy need not be investigated by the CRA.

If the information is accurate, there is no assertion of an inaccuracy, and lacks any information (documentation) to support any inaccuracy.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.