Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU dropped by 70 points :((

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: TU dropped by 70 points :((

CK has entertainment value only, my score goes up and down by 60 points on monthly bases.

Try creditscore.com from Experian to see your real Fico Score for free.

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks didn't realize CK was that big of a joke. How about the FICO from discover, citi, chase cards. Are those more accurate?

Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a credit score specifically says FICO, it's probably a useful score.  Most credit card lenders use FICO 08 flavor, but others don't.  Some free FICO scores may not be FICO 08 but another flavor.

Discover's is TU FICO098 for sure.  Not sure about Chase or Citi. I know Chase offers a fake VantageScore at Credit Journey, so ignore that one.  I think CITI offers a FICO Bankcard Score 8 which is slightly different than the regular FICO 08.

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, didn't realize there was so many variations.

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, will look it over.

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to me that when you closed that one credit card it lowered your total available credit and that may have been why your score dropped,and your credit utilization is pretty high,they say it's best to keep it UNDER 30%
Message 17 of 36
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Combining cards with Cap1 doesn't lower your available credit, the 2 limits are added together so the utilization wouldn't have changed for the worse. It might have actually improved the utilization for that particular card
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX closed that card and there is still a balance which I pay every month.
Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

With cap1? I don't have any cap1 cards. Am I missing something?
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.