Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU early exclusion success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU early exclusion success

After reading a lot on the subject, I decided to try getting an early exclusion with TU. I went online, filed the dispute against an OC. The debt was very old, had been charged off and sold to a CA. The drop off date was 02/15.

I disputed the debt as “too old to report” and in the comments section “Request early exclusion for account due to be removed 02/15”.

I filed the dispute on Saturday 12/20. Today (12/22) I received an email from TU, logged in to view the results, and discovered the account was deleted.

This has given me courage to try again with the CA that bought the account (with the same drop off date).

I have not tried with Eq or Ex yet. I want to see how the second one goes with TU first. It’s not much, but it’s a start.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU early exclusion success

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading a lot on the subject, I decided to try getting an early exclusion with TU. I went online, filed the dispute against an OC. The debt was very old, had been charged off and sold to a CA. The drop off date was 02/15.

I disputed the debt as “too old to report” and in the comments section “Request early exclusion for account due to be removed 02/15”.

I filed the dispute on Saturday 12/20. Today (12/22) I received an email from TU, logged in to view the results, and discovered the account was deleted.

This has given me courage to try again with the CA that bought the account (with the same drop off date).

I have not tried with Eq or Ex yet. I want to see how the second one goes with TU first. It’s not much, but it’s a start.

Grats, reminds me I need to call TU about an early exclusion to my dismissed BK-7 thats reaching its CRTP in Feb. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats, reminds me I need to call TU about an early exclusion to my dismissed BK-7 thats reaching its CRTP in Feb. Smiley Happy

They should def take that one off, gdale6!

Congrats to the OP!!!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had similar success, I called back after they deleted a midland, the orginial creditor was chase. I called back the same day after the rep agreed to early exclude midland, and explained to her that the chase preceded midland and she was like yes i see that, placed me on hold and deleted. I wonder if they are open Christmas eve? I would like to try for another early exlcusion

Message 4 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.

EXPERIAN DON't dispute online!!!

They only do 3 months in advance.  Best to call US reps, get supervisor.  Since TU days drop off is 2/15, EX WILL SAY 3/15.  They ARE getting a little picky when excluding, they usually are more favorable when your report is almost clean (like the exclusions will make report clean).  So call next month, and start process with EX.

EQ is hard nut to crack.  They will also say drop off 3/15, and will pull it within the first 5 days of 2/15.  No need to call, they will tell you to call back in 2/15, you call, and the accounts are gone.  It's a graduated clean up process, with eq finishing last.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A request for early exclusion is an admin request to a CRA for their GW exclusion prior to their normal exclusion. 

There is no basis for a dispute as "too old" until after the full 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD has expired.

CRA estimated exclusion dates are almost invariably prior to the full 7 plus 180 max date.

A request for early exclusion is not a dispute of inaccuracy of anything.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

A request for early exclusion is an admin request to a CRA for their GW exclusion prior to their normal exclusion. 

There is no basis for a dispute as "too old" until after the full 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD has expired.

CRA estimated exclusion dates are almost invariably prior to the full 7 plus 180 max date.

A request for early exclusion is not a dispute of inaccuracy of anything.

When I first read this, I was a bit confused. However, after reading it again and doing a lot of other reading I understand what you're getting at. There does seem to be a lot of confusion around the forum on the subject of early deletion/exclusion. I now know and understand that it should never be done as a dispute as "too old" (unless it really is too old).  I also understand your concern that CRA's may very well tire of the mis-represented disputes which could most certainly lead to a crackdown, resulting in the demise of the "early exclusion".

After much thought and consideration, I've decided to just let things fall off as they will. I mean, after all, we're usually only talking a couple of months early at most. I'm not apping for a mortgage or anything else in the near future, so it really doesn't matter if something falls off now or a couple of months from now. The clean report will come in time. I'll not muddy the waters further, but instead leave the GW requests for early deletion for those that really need it.

I would also encourage others to heed what you have said (numerous times I might add), and to make requests for early deletion not as an online dispute, but as a request for GW.  

Message 7 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Actually, I followed the direction of another thread, and called in. Since my reports would basically be clean after finished, I asked for early exclusion. I never disputed online. So, it was an admin request, as Robert indicated. All of mine have been done via reps.
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.