Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU finally removed Jefferson Capital from my credit report

tag
renegade92
Established Member

TU finally removed Jefferson Capital from my credit report

TU finally removed Jefferson Capital from my credit report, after many calls saying that my account information did not appear in the offices of JC because it has another collection agency. And I have a question. Do I have to call Equifax to file the complaint? Because JC continues to appear in that report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU finally removed Jefferson Capital from my credit report

If you have documentation that establishes that Jefferson Capital no longer has collection authority, then submit it as basis for a dispute to any CRA that is still showing their collection.

CRA policy requries a debt collector to delete their collection if/when their collection authority is terminated and the debt remains unpaid.

Message 2 of 5
renegade92
Established Member

Thanks Robert. Once an agency terminates collection action. Another unknown colector can contact me to collect the debt , even if it does not appear on my credit report?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes.

That is the reason that the CRAs established their policy requiring a debt collector to delete their reported collection if they no longer have collection authority and the debt is unpaid.  The CRA wishes to prevent two collections simultaneously appearing in a credit report on the same debt, so they set a policy that a first debt collector should delete.

A new debt collector can report their collection at any time after they obtain collection authority. 

A consumer will often only become aware of a change in debt collectors by way of seeing their reporting in their credit report.

If a prior collection still remains, the consumer can contact the CRA and request its removal based on a new, and later, collection.

Message 4 of 5
renegade92
Established Member

Re: update///TU finally removed Jefferson Capital from my credit report

I made a dispute in EXPERIAN  explaining that jegerson no longer handled my account, and 2 weeks ago I received the answer with an outcome and everything stayed the same did not remove it, outcome is reinvestigation? I never dispute anything with EX that I was strange. what would happen?

I called a new collection agency and they did not want to reach an agreement to negotiate. But thinking I can not negotiate with someone who does not appear on my credit report. As I know they are not a fraud or are not to be trusted?

The number of the collection agency is 787-522-4700 and in google search there are many complaints with them. What I can do?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.